Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Want Quilt Name/Don't Want to Read Through Several Pages of Posts??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/want-quilt-name-dont-want-read-through-several-pages-posts-t164306.html)

Grambi 10-29-2011 08:41 PM

I know that many of us see pictures of projects and we want to know the name or other details about it. Sometimes there are several pages on the topic and we don't want to, or don't have the time to, read through each post to see if the person who created the thread has already been asked and has answered the question. What I do before I ask the details about the quilt, possibly requiring someone to repeat information already given is:

--Go to the profile of the person who created the topic.

--Click on the blue "list" beside "number of messages
posted".

--Look through the messages relating to the post in
question to see if the information has been given.

--If I don't see that he or she has given that info, I will then ask for it, either in a PM or by going back to the thread.

I hope that this makes sense--if not, ask and I will try to clarify. And please everyone, let's try not to get upset about little things that bother us. We all have pet peeves and there are a bunch of us on this board so it is a given that something is going to bother someone. When someone finds your "spot" and bugs you, take a deep breath, count to ten and go on. :)

SherriB 10-29-2011 08:46 PM

Thank you for posting this tip! It will come in handy!

QuiltE 10-29-2011 08:47 PM

And if that person has already answered the info in the thread, then you're taking their valuable time from them .... so, sorry, I really do think it's worth making the effort to do so yourself, first.

One thing I will do, if I'm trying to save time and yet get info in a thread is to scan thru, looking for the posts made by the OP (or whomever I'm looking for info from) and read only those ones while skipping over the post made by other people. However, you can be short changed, as often others contribute the info you can be looking for!

Denise S 10-29-2011 09:15 PM

Wow, thanks for the time-saving tip!

ladyshuffler 10-29-2011 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Grambi
I know that many of us see pictures of projects and we want to know the name or other details about it. Sometimes there are several pages on the topic and we don't want to, or don't have the time to, read through each post to see if the person who created the thread has already been asked and has answered the question. What I do before I ask the details about the quilt, possibly requiring someone to repeat information already given is:

--Go to the profile of the person who created the topic.

--Click on the blue "list" beside "number of messages
posted".

--Look through the messages relating to the post in
question to see if the information has been given.

--If I don't see that he or she has given that info, I will then ask for it, either in a PM or by going back to the thread.

I hope that this makes sense--if not, ask and I will try to clarify. And please everyone, let's try not to get upset about little things that bother us. We all have pet peeves and there are a bunch of us on this board so it is a given that something is going to bother someone. When someone finds your "spot" and bugs you, take a deep breath, count to ten and go on. :)

Boy am I ever glad someone finally posted this subject!!!!

Prism99 10-29-2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
And if that person has already answered the info in the thread, then you're taking their valuable time from them .... so, sorry, I really do think it's worth making the effort to do so yourself, first.

One thing I will do, if I'm trying to save time and yet get info in a thread is to scan thru, looking for the posts made by the OP (or whomever I'm looking for info from) and read only those ones while skipping over the post made by other people. However, you can be short changed, as often others contribute the info you can be looking for!

Actually, I think the OP's tip is a faster way of doing what you are recommending. She recommended PMing only if the OP had not posted additional info in the thread.

ranger 10-30-2011 04:41 AM

Great tip...never thought about doing that.Thanks.

QuiltnNan 10-30-2011 05:19 AM

thanks for speaking up about this and giving the tip.