Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WANTED: some motivation (and possibly some extra brain cells and sanity) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wanted-some-motivation-possibly-some-extra-brain-cells-sanity-t8737.html)

Flying_V_Goddess 07-06-2008 08:54 PM

I went with bj's advice and figured out how many blocks I need to do each week. It was 8 blocks a week until I factored in test blocks, assembling the top, and quilting it together. So I came up with a schedule with little mini deadlines. This is what I got:

July 7th: *Start cutting out fabric for test blocks

July 9th: *Test blocks completed

July 12th: *Any problems fixed.
*Start cutting fabric for next week's blocks

Week of July 13th: *Complete 3 blocks (1 block every 2 days)

Week of July 20th: *Complete 15 blocks (2 blocks everyday plus 1 extra)

Week of July 27th: *Complete 15 blocks (2 blocks everyday plus 1 extra)

Week of Aug. 3rd: *Complete 15 blocks (2 blocks everyday plus 1 extra)

Week of Aug. 10th: *Complete 15 blocks (2 blocks everyday plus 1 extra)

Week of Aug. 17th: *Assemble quilt top.
*Start quilting if there's extra time.

Week of Aug. 24: *Quilting

Aug. 31-Sept. 2: *Quilting and finishing quilt

I wish I had more time to actually quilt the thing together, but I know about half of my blocks have 16 pieces to them and require more attention so more of the time that's left has to be put into piecing blocks together.

chairjogger 07-06-2008 08:56 PM

You can do it.. You just have trouble starting ! Once you start your fingers will fly and it will be a good thing for your soul.

Take charge ! Good luck to you !

Lucky Patsy's 07-06-2008 11:17 PM

Oh, THAT Jason! Wasn't aware of his last name! Can't say I am a slasher film fan, "Psycho" is about as slasher as I've seen.

Your schedule looks great! Breaking it down into smaller tasks with mini deadlines is a good strategy.

nor'easter 07-07-2008 06:40 AM

Go for it, Goddess! And if you should happen to finish THREE blocks in any of those days, keep aiming for two and you'll be ahead of the game. Your POA (plan of action/attack) sounds very realistic. Much easier to chew small bites than a whole apple all at once! 8)

We had a barn cat show up on a Friday the 13th one year. We named him Jason. :shock:

Flying_V_Goddess 07-09-2008 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by nor'easter
Go for it, Goddess! And if you should happen to finish THREE blocks in any of those days, keep aiming for two and you'll be ahead of the game. Your POA (plan of action/attack) sounds very realistic. Much easier to chew small bites than a whole apple all at once! 8)

We had a barn cat show up on a Friday the 13th one year. We named him Jason. :shock:

The quilting's been kind of slow this week...been kind of busy. If I get the tests done Friday I should be okay.

Sweet (to the cat's name). Speaking of cats, mine just had another batch of kittens. Ironically, she had them on the 4th anniversery of my first Kittie concert and she had four of them (the same number of members in the band).

mountain deb 07-10-2008 06:14 AM

What did Mary Poppins say in her movie, "Once begun is half done." In other words, Once you start the job, half the work is already done. I don't look at the whole picture and all the work it involves, I just get started.

Flying_V_Goddess 07-10-2008 04:25 PM

I missed my first deadline. I didn't get around to getting my test pieces together until later last night. Has to iron them out because I took them with me to a friend's house (never working on them, of course) and they got wrinkled. And by the time I got done with pinning all the pieces I could together (the middle of the Virginia Reel and the quarters of the pinwheels) I was tired and didn't sew anything together.