Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   weather and Oklahoma quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/weather-oklahoma-quilters-t96060.html)

quilter53 02-02-2011 05:44 AM

How are you all doing. Hope everyone is warm and safe. The propane truck couldn't make it to our house. I called him the day before the cold weather hit but he had 22 other runs to make. So on less than 5% we are staying in 3 rooms and keeping the fire low. We had to feed the cattle yesterday and got stuck in snow drifts twice in a 4 wheel drive pickup. Well, that's just a day in the life of a country girl. lol

quilter53 02-02-2011 05:45 AM

So sorry my previous post was put in the wrong category. I don't know how to move it. :roll:

jayelee 02-02-2011 05:50 AM

Honey stay in and keep warm I know you have to take care of the animals but do it quickly and get back inside Take care of yourself first and foremost

grann of 6 02-02-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by quilter53
How are you all doing. Hope everyone is warm and safe. The propane truck couldn't make it to our house. I called him the day before the cold weather hit but he had 22 other runs to make. So on less than 5% we are staying in 3 rooms and keeping the fire low. We had to feed the cattle yesterday and got stuck in snow drifts twice in a 4 wheel drive pickup. Well, that's just a day in the life of a country girl. lol

It is terrible here. Raining and turning to ice on impact. The dogs (me too) are having a terrible time walking in the packed snow because their feet keep sinking. I worry about Gus hurting his leg. The trees are a glaze. Need to take out the trash and am afraid to walk on the driveway.

Rascalonious 02-02-2011 05:56 AM

Just saw Oklahoma highlighted on national weather report - I feel for you. It's such a good feeling a get the LP tank filled. Hope it's soon there.

quilter53 02-02-2011 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rascalonious
Just saw Oklahoma highlighted on national weather report - I feel for you. It's such a good feeling a get the LP tank filled. Hope it's soon there.

This is going on 2 days for 5% propane. It is supposed to last approx. 3 1/2 days. It doesn't look like the ice will be gone anyway soon. Just praying God will make a way. I should have called the propane co. sooner for delivery but we were out of town without his phone number. Oh, I may have to move my sewing machine to my kitchen table. lol

Raggiemom 02-02-2011 06:19 AM

I hope the propane truck arrives before you run out. Keep safe and warm.

laurac 02-02-2011 06:27 AM

ooh, its suppose to stay bitterly cold for a few more days. i work for the state (oklahoma) and was off work yesterday and again today because of the snow, temps and road conditions.
i've got full power but i can sure sympathize with your plight. stay warm and safe.

i'm using the time off to do some handquiliting. hope you get to spend time quiliting too.

sewwhat85 02-03-2011 05:57 PM

stay safe

quiltnmom 02-03-2011 06:07 PM

I feel so guilty. The eastern coast of NC doesn't get too much snow (hurricanes yes, snow no) and I but we've has 3 snow events since Christmas and that is enough for me. They are talking about 1 more coming in the near future not sure when. People here don't know how to act in the snow and ice, they get a bit crazy. I hope the temps give you some relief soon and that your propane company can deliver soon. Will be praying for you.