Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Well, Call Me an Idiot... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/well-call-me-idiot-t76337.html)

bjnicholson 11-14-2010 11:33 AM

On Friday I decided it was time to cut out the other quilt for my 2nd DGD. It took me from noon until 6 pm with only a couple of breaks. Of course, in the heat of the moment I forgot about my fibromyalgia and arthritis so guess what? Yesterday wasn't too bad so went shopping at JoAnn's and the grocery store for 4 hrs. TODAY??? I can hardly move. My shoulder hurts all the way down to my fingertips. My right hip is giving me fits and other parts I didn't even know I used are hurting also.

Took my meds like a good little girl and hope to start sewing in time to get the quilts (there are 2, the 1st top is done) done before Christmas!

I never could pace myself :roll: :roll:

Lostn51 11-14-2010 11:35 AM

No you were just overly excited!! I have a habit of wanting to finish what I started a lot but sometimes it just isnt in the cards. Hope you get feeling better and keep taking your meds like a good girl and you will be okay!

Billy

bjnicholson 11-14-2010 11:37 AM

Thanks, Billy. The thing is they have to be mailed to Miami and it's a really hard pattern.

Fab-ra-holic 11-14-2010 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
Thanks, Billy. The thing is they have to be mailed to Miami and it's a really hard pattern.

Don't put that kind of stress on yourself. They will love them no matter when they get them and besides, if they get them after the holidays, it makes them pay more attention to the hard work you put into them. Let's face it, come Christmas morn, there is so much going on with all the gifts, it's hard to appreciate anything. Just relax and let yourself heal.

MadQuilter 11-14-2010 12:18 PM

No you're not an idiot. You are a self-deceiving con artist. (I have problems with my wrists right now and should not be typing or sewing) Well - you see where I am and what I am doing. So I recognize a con artist when I see one. lol

Hope you feel better soon. remember the story of the turtle and the hare. Slow will get the job done. Can you set little goals for each day? That way you can get it done and you will be in reasonable health to enjoy the process.

bjnicholson 11-14-2010 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
No you're not an idiot. You are a self-deceiving con artist. (I have problems with my wrists right now and should not be typing or sewing) Well - you see where I am and what I am doing. So I recognize a con artist when I see one. lol

Hope you feel better soon. remember the story of the turtle and the hare. Slow will get the job done. Can you set little goals for each day? That way you can get it done and you will be in reasonable health to enjoy the process.

Yes, Mad. You're quite right. When I told my son that I was aching like crazy this morning he just looked at me and rolled his eyes and shook his head. I know what he was thinking. The old gal's gone 'round the bend again!

bluteddi 11-14-2010 12:27 PM

yep... I have Fibro too.... I find for me , I just push push push.. until I drop.. I get lots done .. than I sleep , sleep, sleep...I know it's probably not best.. but I do it anyway....
I never could pace myself either!

Rest up and feel better soon!

amma 11-14-2010 12:38 PM

I have to set the timer to remind me to take breaks... other wise I end up being able to do nothing but read or watch tv :roll: :D:D:D

tjradj 11-14-2010 12:40 PM

I can relate. I don't have fibro (a close friend does), but I'm bipolar. Same deal. If I push too hard, the next day is a sofa day.
Today is a sofa day.

merrylouw 11-14-2010 12:40 PM

I have fibro too. And, I know how you're feeling. When we push ourselves, we really pay for it, don't we?

Take good care of yourself, and try to take a 10 minute break at least once an hour, and drink plenty of water. It'll make a big difference at the end of the day.

Hugs