Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Well dang. my starburst quilt is a mess.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/well-dang-my-starburst-quilt-mess-t134235.html)

Bobbinchick 06-30-2011 08:24 AM

:-D :-D :-D :-D And I'll never buy the Hobbs batting again. It was so wonky and it made my quilt a mess and I'm in the hopes that I can save it. All that work on it and right now for nothing. I took out one side after I did the stitch in the ditcn around the borders and took that out 4 times and still can't seem to get it to come out right. It keeps shifting and the fabric just won't lie flat on the batting and I'm so unhappy with it. I used a walking foot , tried a longer stitch lenth and all and it would not come out with out it shifting to a point where a fold would accur. Bleep! So I decided that I'm going to fold it up and put it away and work on it at a later time by hand. I can put it on my Q Snap frame and stitch those borders by hand. I was goign to enter it in the Clallam Co . fair, but it isn't good enough to do that and then I was going to give it ot Sis for her birthday in a couple of weewks. I decided to put it away and will try to save it at another time. I said bleep, bleep and bleeep Well gotta get busy on the house work. I'm making room for my china cabinet. I bought one for $60.00 and it's a fixer upper , but I can do that. I can put new knobs on it and it is a beauty. It had 3 doors with glass on it and I'll get new glass shelves cut for it and it has a light in it also. It's 6 feet tall, 39" wide and 14" deep and has 3 door on the bottom and shelves in there too. I can put all my teap pots in it as I have a nice collection of them. Every one have a great day, Huggies, Fay

craftybear 06-30-2011 08:26 AM

I hope you get your starburst quilt fixed

wow, your cabinet sounds cool with all of your teapots, please post a picture of it later for us to enjoy

bluteddi 06-30-2011 08:32 AM

*bleeps* happen... especially in my sewing room..LOL

jean1941 06-30-2011 08:35 AM

I am going to get my china cabinet out of storage in a couple of weeks and get it where I can enjoy it got it about 7 years ago always wanted one and got it and it has been in storage more than I have used it and I am tired of it so time to do something about it. It sounds a lot like yours and I think the last time it was moved they broke the glass shelves so good luck to both of us on our cabinets

luvstitches 06-30-2011 08:41 AM

Yep, best thing to do is put a project away that is not cooperating. I've been there so I feel your pain.

I love china cabinets and tea pots...would love to see it.

greenini 06-30-2011 08:44 AM

sorry about your quilt, it happens to all of us at one time or another, i think that's where a lot of ufo's come from...frustration!

the china cabinet sounds like a nice distraction tho and teapots are fun.

needles3thread 06-30-2011 08:45 AM

My sister collects teapots The cabinet with the teapots in
will be so pretty.

Bobbinchick 06-30-2011 09:36 AM

When I get the cabinet home, I will post a before and after pictures and with all the teapots in it. I have about 20 of them. I'm hoping to inherit the one that Mom and Dad got as a wedding pressie when they got married many years ago. It have to be at least 100 years old or maybe a little younger than that. I'm not sure, but it is numbered and such and a collector's item and I'm sure it is worth lots. The gold trim has worm off pretty much, but I remember that tea pot since child hood. It is a yellow 6 cup one and I have had several dreams about that tea pot. I can't get over the fact that Mom still has it. Mom gave me a tea pot for Christmas last year that she bought in Seattle. She found on at a thrift store not long before she had her surgery and she gave it to me. I told I'll wait til the cabinet is put up and fixed up. I bought a beautiful tea pot not too long ago that has a gold trim on it and it is a 50th wedding anniversary one and I gave it to Sis and her husband for thier 50 wedding anniversary today. She is going to wait til they get home to get it so I put it where it won't get broken. Can't wait to get that cvabinet. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that is the only thing keeping me going. I'm putting my sewing room back together and will find a place to store the quilt until I get ready to work on it again. At least the quilting turned out on the background, but will have to redo the borders on the stitch in the ditch. Another big Bleeeeeepppp!!!!Well back to work, have a great day, Huggies, Fay

GreatStarter 06-30-2011 09:49 AM

So sorry to hear about your Hobbs batting problems. Which hobbs did you use? You must be so disappointed not to be able to enter it into the competition. And also it won't be ready in time for gift giving. How exciting to be getting that china cabinet ready to use and display things in. Keep us updated.

Kat

jljack 06-30-2011 09:49 AM

Faye, you could have someone quilt the rest of it for you on a frame, which would solve the shifting problem. Probably wouldn't cost much at all. There are several people on here who do quilting for others...some I am sure would do it very reasonably.

Just another option for you!!