Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Went in to buy an Ottlite - Came out with an Embroidery Machine ! ! ! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/went-buy-ottlite-came-out-embroidery-machine-t223570.html)

Groovy Pieces 06-13-2013 12:46 AM

Went in to buy an Ottlite - Came out with an Embroidery Machine ! ! !

Hello Friends . . .

It's always a treat to go to Joann's; it's a good 45 min drive from me. I decided to take my 20% off entire purchase coupon for being a newie to the newsletter list & buy an ottlite; coupon good for regular and sale items. Lucked up on a desk lamp on clearance for $19.99 (after the math, $16 & change - not too shabby :thumbup:).

Well . . .I also had fabric to get cut. The line was about 7 deep. As I was patiently waiting, I could hear the Viking Rep explain the in's & out's of a particular machine. I moved closer to the women to hear more & see the demos. When I finished at the cutting table, I engaged the Rep; we continued to talk about "the good, the bad, & the ugly" of this machine, AND I test drove that baby for 4.5 hours ! ! !

My husband put an APB out on me by blowing up my cell. Can't complain - at least he missed me :D.

Anyway . . . I came out with the H Class 600E. (I'm sure the embroidery veterans already know this. . . ) it's a sew/embroidery machine with a 4X4 & a 10X6 hoops, good software (to me, since I'm a RAW GREEN NEWBIE), user friendly, & I really like the workbook & manual I printed out for reference & to make notes. There a some you tube tutes to explore as well. For me, the price was right at $999 (not the floor model). Viking is retiring this line to bring bigger & better models in its place. I also gleaned that Singer, Pfaff, & Viking virtually roll off the same assembly line, so some applications are interchangeable - if I understood that correctly. And the best part: trade-in & trade-up value is a "win-win" situation even up to 14 months from purchase.

I'm ssssssssssoooooooooo excited - I'm going to dive in, fire him up (yes, my machines are MALES - I will be the only hormone in my sewing room ! ! ! !) & embroider something . . . Thanks for letting my share . . .Lots of questions to come . . . GP

bigredharley 06-13-2013 01:41 AM

Congrats on your new machine. I bought a cheapie brother and absolutely love it. never thought I'd be an embroidery person, but I'm now a mad stalker looking for new patterns.

Plumtree 06-13-2013 02:55 AM

You will have TONS of fun!!! there are many free downloads you can try. Be sure to share your experiments with us.

Knitette 06-13-2013 03:03 AM

My kind of shopper! Enjoy your new machine :thumbup:

Queens 06-13-2013 03:04 AM

Plumtree and others,

Where do you find the free embroider downloads.....I'm new to all of this.

Thanks!

joysewer 06-13-2013 03:35 AM

Go onto Yahoo groups.....there are groups on there that give great free designs.

quiltinghere 06-13-2013 03:43 AM

WOW I'd call that IMPULSE buying but seeing as you test drove him for 4 1/2 hours I don't know if it qualifies! Hahaha!

Sounds like you don't have any explaining to do about 'what you bought while you were out'.

Hey LADIES - I think we could show this thread to those that complain when we buy a few more yards of fabric! We could tell them "keep complaining and I'll shop for bigger and better" Hahaha! ROFL

AWESOME for YOU!
Nan

eparys 06-13-2013 04:08 AM

I think this is hysterical - and CONGRATULATIONS!! Glad to see you actually got the light as well - I love my OTT light.

You will have a great time with your machine - can not wait to see what you do with it.

patsynel 06-13-2013 04:09 AM

Have fun with your new toy!!!!!!!!!!!! I have an old Pfaff (7570) embroidery machine and I keep it busy.

wolph33 06-13-2013 04:12 AM

Congrats ln your new machine,I am partial to vikings sine I have two,enjoy it