Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Went to the County Quilt Club Tea Party (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/went-county-quilt-club-tea-party-t41258.html)

beginnerquilter 03-30-2010 05:08 PM

Hi everyone

I went to my County Quilt Club Tea Party tonight and we was to bring a Apron (Tonight's Theme was Aprons) and our very own Tea Cup. I brought my Tea Cup but not Apron because mine got ruined in my first Apt Fire. I could've borrowed my friend's Apron but I didn't think about it.

I had so much fun and it was a very enjoyable evening tonight. I learned so much by going to the Guild Meetings once a month.

Two local ladies has a Fabric Shop....well the members of the Quilt Club and the Wednesday Night Quilt Group got together without these two ladies who owns a Fabric Shop and they all got together and made a huge quilt out of Lady Bug Fabric. It is so beautiful. When some of the members presented it tonight at the Tea Party they were in shocked...and they were speechless. I am going to take my camera with me to the Fabric Shop and get a picture of this beautiful quilt. There is a Saying in the middle of this Quilt and it is embroidered too.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get my rows of squares sewed together and than I'm going to take my first block to the Fabric Shop and make sure that I did it right sometime next week.

Our Tea Party lasted for almost three hours tonight...we had Tea, Coffee, Punch, Cookies for our refreshments.

I learned tonight how to make Hexagons and paper pieced them. That might be a future project for me too.

Sometime next week I am hoping to start on another Scrappy Quilt for my County Quilting Club cause it has to be done by December so I need to get started on this sometime very soon.

When I get it started I'll be taking photos too. It is going to be made out of Christmas Material and the size is going to be 12 x 12.

I know how to cut my material now, and I know how to sew the squares together now too and I know how to find my 1/4 inch seam line too.

Well I just wanted to tell how much fun I had at my County Quilt Club Tea Party.

prezzy 03-30-2010 05:13 PM

Hi beginner, It does sound like you had a good time tonight, and you are learning alot in just a short time. Have fun, prezzy

mom-6 03-30-2010 05:24 PM

What a privilege to live where there's such a fun group to be a part of! If I were not still working I could join a quilt group here, but they meet at 10 AM...won't work for me...

beginnerquilter 03-30-2010 05:53 PM

My County Quilt Club meets in the evenings once a month on the last Tuesday of every month.

beginnerquilter 03-30-2010 05:54 PM

Thank you...yes I am really enjoying being part of this really excellent Quilt Guild.

earthwalker 03-30-2010 05:54 PM

Lovely to see you are immersing yourself in your new found craft. Look forward to seeing your work as it progresses.

Gramof6 03-30-2010 05:56 PM

It seems that you are a Member of a very nice group! And that tonight was a lot of fun. Lucky you!

beginnerquilter 03-30-2010 06:09 PM

Oh yes the Guild Group - all of the ladies are so friendly, fun to be with, I learn so much from them, and every one of them are so very helpful too. I love these bunch of ladies.

beginnerquilter 03-30-2010 06:10 PM

Thanks for all of the lovely comments....they mean so much to me and it also gives me encouragement too and not be so scared of making a quilt.

littlehud 03-30-2010 08:10 PM

Sounds like so much fun. I'm glad they are there and you found such a great group. Thanks for sharing.