Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WESTERN CONNECTING THREADS WAREHOUSE SALE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/western-connecting-threads-warehouse-sale-t152074.html)

dunster 09-11-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie

Joyce, where the heck is that store?? Or was it an "event"?

Would love to check it out! Hope all is well with you!
Kit

I'd like to know too. Vancouver is not that far from me...sounds like a road trip!

Sewslow 09-11-2011 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie

Originally Posted by Sewslow
Yesterday a friend and I went to the Connecting Threads Warehouse Sale in Vancouver, Washington. We didn't "need" anything but thought we'd find a few scraps at $2.96 a pound. Since we had no idea how much fabric weighs (other than husbands' complaints about the incredible burden it puts on an RV :roll: ) we apprehensively approached checkout with all we could carry. I got all this for $38!! And digging separately we spent the same amount. I was amazed at how many people were there and how friendly and cooperative they were on a really hot day.

Joyce, where the heck is that store?? Or was it an "event"?

Would love to check it out! Hope all is well with you!
Kit

It was an "event" and I got an email announcing it. I drove, Bonnie directed, so I have no idea where it was. :lol: Actually, it was a warehouse area behind a business on the eastside, we waited in a LOOONNNG line, were fed in in groups and cautioned to keep the noise down. Then we waited in another long line to have our fabric weighed and another line to pay. It was fun! My orders from them have had a Vancouver address but I think they have only an internet store. I did see on QB they had a warehouse sale in Ohio.

Sewslow 09-11-2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Honeynga
I'm so jealous of the fabric !
Exactly what is a hot day in Washington....we've had 100 deg plus here in Ga for a 90 day stretch.....
Wish I could find similar deal here in this area !

A hot day in Washington is several days of mid to upper 90's in September after a dreary, cool summer. 100 in Washington is "OMG is it hot!" I lived in Louisiana so I feel your pain.

Kitsie 09-11-2011 02:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sewslow

Originally Posted by Honeynga
I'm so jealous of the fabric !
Exactly what is a hot day in Washington....we've had 100 deg plus here in Ga for a 90 day stretch.....
Wish I could find similar deal here in this area !

A hot day in Washington is several days of mid to upper 90's in September after a dreary, cool summer. 100 in Washington is "OMG is it hot!" I lived in Louisiana so I feel your pain.

It's THIS hot, especially with no A/C:

How hot is it? Too dang hot!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255080[/ATTACH]

I agree Spencer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255081[/ATTACH]

Sewslow 09-11-2011 02:41 PM

How cute.

vivoaks 09-11-2011 02:56 PM

Wow, is right! I think it's probably a good thing there isn't one of those warehouses close to me - I'd be broke!! (and my house would be FILLED with fabric!! :thumbup:

amandasgramma 09-11-2011 02:58 PM

WOW! I didn't even now that was there!!! I'll be checking it out when I go that way again! Good buy!!!!

Xstitshmom 09-11-2011 03:45 PM

Wow, lucky you!!!!!!

Bella's Mom 09-11-2011 04:16 PM

Just a heads up ... this was a SPECIAL EVENT at Connecting Threads ... they normally don't have fabric at the headquarters.

They also had yarn from Knit Picks there too!

AUQuilter 09-12-2011 04:32 AM

Very nice haul!