Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What to do with my FabShopHop gift certificate. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-my-fabshophop-gift-certificate-t170959.html)

mzzzquilts 12-04-2011 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by marydent (Post 4751436)
Are there any young people you know, who are starting to sew?If so ,they may get a real bang out of finding it in their stocking.40 years ago when I started sewing everything I had was leftovers from my mom and it wasn't much(she was a single mom).At 8 years old I would have been overjoyed to get just 1 new thing of my choosing.Just saying.

That's a great idea!

Sunnie 12-04-2011 07:04 PM

I just read it again and it says non-transferable. So I guess I will take the suggestion and buy some more machine needles. They will get used eventually and I won't have to worry about running out for quite a while.

I really wish I knew a young person locally to pass this onto. If she were local I could order and have it delivered here.

Thanks all, Sunnie

Lisa Marie 12-04-2011 07:14 PM

I won $10 certificate from Alderwood once but I was able to spend it. I did win two more $10 certificates from the Fab Shop and could not find anything from those stores and just did not use it. Congratulations on your win!

Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations 12-04-2011 07:15 PM

I had the same thing happen to me last year and thankfully my mom love something from the store so I just gave it to her in exchange for some choc. chip cookies. I do feel I ended up with the better end of the deal.

BETTY62 12-04-2011 07:23 PM

You could trade it with someone for fabric or an item you would like to have. You could gift it to a quilting friend whose style is like that of the shop where you won the certificate . You could select fabric and make a gift for someone you know. Or, you could sell it or swap it withone on this board. Whatever you end up doing, good luck.

marydent 12-04-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sunnie (Post 4751857)
I just read it again and it says non-transferable. So I guess I will take the suggestion and buy some more machine needles. They will get used eventually and I won't have to worry about running out for quite a while.

I really wish I knew a young person locally to pass this onto. If she were local I could order and have it delivered here.

Thanks all, Sunnie

You could try 4-h or girl scouts.Both need our donantions and any other help we can give.I was a girl scout leader for my daughter Sarah( we can't keep leaders up here) anyway Charlette and I paid for most everything our girls did.And in this economy things are much worse than 10 years ago.I heard 4-h is having problems too.I'm sure your neck of the woods things are not much different.Just saying......

marydent 12-04-2011 07:33 PM

By the way Merry CHRISTmas :)

BSKTLOFR-QUILTER 12-04-2011 08:47 PM

I won a $10 gift certificate, too. I really appreciate the effort of these shops to support the shop hop. I was able to find fabric that I needed from a particular company. However if I couldn't justify the shipping costs then I wouldn't order anything just because I get $10 off. I won't buy if the end doesn't justify the means regardless of the bargain.

audsgirl 12-04-2011 09:05 PM

It happened to me, but it was only a $5 certificate. I just didn't use it.

Quiltaddict 12-04-2011 10:33 PM

I won a $10 several months ago and like someone else said, with shipping so expensive it just wasn't worth it to me to buy anything, so I didn't. Hope you can use yours though or that someone else can.