Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what do occasional quilters store their stash in? Clear zipper bags store bought quilts are wrapped in. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-occasional-quilters-store-their-stash-clear-zipper-bags-store-bought-quilts-wrapped-t70141.html)

chairjogger 10-14-2010 01:24 PM

I was going through my stash for name tag material - need to make a tag since I just joined a quilter's guild.. Where did I look for my fabric, bag after bag I unzipped, dug through, zipped and on and on.. then realizing.. oh boy. I am in trouble..
Yes I quilt, never a full size quilt, only baby or lap size quilts. These bags that store bought quilts are heavy plastic, sturdy clear to see what all is stored.. my ever present, ever waiting stash for quilts to be made. I made my name tag. Proudly I will wear my tag as I show off my 30 year UFO tonight!
Sigh, quilters come in all shapes and sizes, there have to be a few that quilt, just a little too.

amma 10-14-2010 01:26 PM

Congratulations on getting your UFO finished! Do you have a picture for us? :D:D:D

I use them for storage too :wink:

chairjogger 10-14-2010 01:28 PM

I will get one.. the four panel wall hanging was a little stretched from being stored in an oval quilt hoop.. but like my own body. a little stretched too after 30 years ! thanks ! will post after tonight's meeting !
Ell

littlehud 10-14-2010 01:42 PM

Oh I love your humor. I can't wait to see them.

sueisallaboutquilts 10-14-2010 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Oh I love your humor. I can't wait to see them.

Same here :-D :-D :-D :-D

chairjogger 10-14-2010 06:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
As promised. Pictures of my UFO..My name tag is no longer empty. A pin with little beads for the UFO and the latest Brown Bear Brown Bear Eric Carle baby quilt. PLUS the bonus of a third for my name tag. Whooo hoo ! I am moving right along! wonderful surprise !

Here is a rather unflattering picture of the 1980 beginner's four panel sampler. All hand done. the back is pretty, all but the last corner. It took a stretch to finish this. off and on. thanks for asking for a picture.

quilterella 10-15-2010 02:32 AM

First off, I use the xtra large Ziploc bags, to store unfinished quilt tops in, along with their batting, backing and binding. Scraps, depending on their size go in sandwich baggies and labelled. And some go in shoe boxes, depending how much was left over, I put the quilt name, pattern and who it went to on the outside of baggie or box and then I can just grab it when I want it. Second of all, your wallhanging is adorable. Totally done by hand...I have yet to do any handquilting and don't know if I ever will. I am envious of those of you that can.

MaryAnna 10-15-2010 02:45 AM

Just lovely! I love it!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

chairjogger 10-15-2010 03:35 AM

[quote=quilterella]First off, I use the xtra large Ziploc bagsquote]

love the large ziploc bags.. yes ! great idea.. the one with the sports balls on the box. I wash winter things and store in zips.. love them..
thanks for the compliment too

chairjogger 10-15-2010 03:35 AM

thanks MaryAnna