Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you love/What do you not love.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-love-what-do-you-not-love-t153754.html)

valerieolm 09-18-2011 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G
I love every step but when it's time to make parts fit for the sandwiching, it's a pain to me. Can't lay it out on the floor or my little 6# Peke plops right in the middle. Move her? She finds another spot. I haven't gotten into buying backing fabrics so I always have to pc. the back.

I have a friend who's DH made her a size queen-block for sandwiching. He used plywood (I think) and put hinges so that it can be folded and stored under her bed. If I don't get my long arm, I may just ask him for one of these.

dublb 09-18-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by valerieolm

Originally Posted by Pat G
I love every step but when it's time to make parts fit for the sandwiching, it's a pain to me. Can't lay it out on the floor or my little 6# Peke plops right in the middle. Move her? She finds another spot. I haven't gotten into buying backing fabrics so I always have to pc. the back.

I have a friend who's DH made her a size queen-block for sandwiching. He used plywood (I think) and put hinges so that it can be folded and stored under her bed. If I don't get my long arm, I may just ask him for one of these.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

audsgirl 09-18-2011 07:42 PM

I like everything up to the quilting. To me, it's a necessary evil. I like putting on the binding, and I love the sewing of it to the back. But then, I have always liked doing hand work.

Dean 09-18-2011 09:03 PM

Peaches, I love the planning, the sewing, even the hand sewing of the binding. What I do not like is the cutting because I do not do a good job. I hope I have solved that problem by buying an AccuQuilt Go! I have cut out a few things but haven't had a chance to sew yet as I had to have a pace maker implanted Thursday. Hope to get startes tomorrow!

Annaleehunter 09-18-2011 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dean
Peaches, I love the planning, the sewing, even the hand sewing of the binding. What I do not like is the cutting because I do not do a good job. I hope I have solved that problem by buying an AccuQuilt Go! I have cut out a few things but haven't had a chance to sew yet as I had to have a pace maker implanted Thursday. Hope to get startes tomorrow!

!
Ooooh, I am asking for an AccuQuilt Go! for Christmas!

NJ Quilter 09-19-2011 03:04 AM

I HATE squaring up HST's but it makes the end result sooo much better! The price we have to pay.

pamt 09-19-2011 08:49 AM

I have been told the ACCU-Quilt is a better way. Don't own one, but have seen the results. A lady in our guild will even take your fabric and cut it all out for you on the ACCU-Qult.

dljennings 09-19-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by puddingtain
Nothing I hate about quilting....really like the whole process !

me too, i have so many things "in process" that if i don't feel like cutting, i can piece, if i don't feel like piecing, i can applique.. etc, etc & so on..

i used to hate pinning the sandwich together, but thanks to all you wonderful ladies, i learned about basting spray... now i don't hate that part either!

emlee51 09-19-2011 05:53 PM

I just work away at the pile until I'm done...then, surprise!!! If I do a few every day in-between doing something else, that works, too. Before you know it you're done! The way I cut I always end up squaring up something!

Treasureit 09-19-2011 05:55 PM

I love being in my sewing room and creating....I hate to stop and cook.