Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ♥ What gives you inspiration for Quilting Patterns and Designs? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-gives-you-inspiration-quilting-patterns-designs-t146616.html)

craftybear 08-20-2011 06:12 PM

What gives you inspiration for quilting patterns and designs?

1. surfing quilting board site in section of Pictures
2. surfine online for quilting blogs
3. floor tiles
4. I was at pharmacy yesterday and was looking at some gift bags, lots of cool patterns on them
5. on tv some of the graphics
6. quilting books
7. quilting magazines
8. pictures from meet and greets
9. show and tell at quilt guild meetings
10. quilt shows
11. greeting cards
12. stationery
13. online graphics

np3 08-20-2011 06:17 PM

magazines are my favorite way. I get inspired by the latest craze. Next would be Guild meetings.

quilttiludrop 08-20-2011 06:22 PM

I do like to collect ideas from magazines!

jillnjo 08-20-2011 06:24 PM

Probably mostly from magazines, but the QB and books, too.

Izaquilter 08-20-2011 06:24 PM

I love seeing what other's are doing, altho I haven't been too inspired this summer. We got a new pool so I've been outside every chance I get at the pool & I feel so unmotivated because of it. But you can only do so much. Maybe come this fall.....

SharBear 08-20-2011 06:41 PM

How timely.

Two weeks ago I was on travel to Norfolk, VA. The mother of a very dear friend had a house fire (bad one) the first night I was there - I found out because I had the local news on while getting ready for work. I haven't seen her (the mother) in 15 years.

After work I stopped over - knew they were sifting through debris so I brought over Gatorade (it was a HOT day). Well, his mom wasn't there but the first comment made was "Mother would LOVE that blouse - those colors are her favorites".

Long story even longer - on my way home from the airport the next day I stopped and bought fabrics that went with my blouse. I have whipped up a quilt that I'm sure she's going to like. It goes in the mail Monday!

So, my blouse!

Jim 08-20-2011 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
What gives you inspiration for quilting patterns and designs?

1. surfing quilting board site in section of Pictures
2. surfine online for quilting blogs
3. floor tiles
4. I was at pharmacy yesterday and was looking at some gift bags, lots of cool patterns on them
5. on tv some of the graphics
6. quilting books
7. quilting magazines
8. pictures from meet and greets
9. show and tell at quilt guild meetings
10. quilt shows
11. greeting cards
12. stationery
13. online graphics

ALL the above....at the KY State fair today...walking down a hallway with huge tiles on the wall I asked my wife..."see a new quilt pattern here?'....she just laughed

cwessel47 08-20-2011 07:27 PM

My latest quilt was inspired by a picture in an email from my dad. Not the pattern - just the colors. I saved the pic as my wallpaper on the computer so I would see it every time I got on. Then got together the fabrics to work with it, and drew a pattern to encompass them. Sure enough - what I drew and figured out has been done before - cats with snail trail tails - but I love it anyway.
When I see colors that I just LOVE - I tempt myself to use them in a different way. The drafting of the pattern, the choice of fabrics, is what makes me tick! That's how I roll...

Marilynsue 08-20-2011 07:27 PM

#l thru 13 :thumbup:

heather1949 08-20-2011 07:30 PM

Magazines and especially seeing other peoples beautiful quilts spurrs me on and makes my day. :mrgreen: