Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What happened to Liz Porter? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-happened-liz-porter-t50810.html)

stpatmom 06-22-2010 07:25 AM

I just read my latest Fons and Porter magazine and in the back it introduced its new season. It said that Marianne and her daughter were hosting this season, not Liz. I looked online but couldn't find out why. Does anyone know what happened to Liz?

quiltinghere 06-22-2010 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by stpatmom
I just read my latest Fons and Porter magazine and in the back it introduced its new season. It said that Marianne and her daughter were hosting this season, not Liz. I looked online but couldn't find out why. Does anyone know what happened to Liz?

Don't know anything about Liz or the magazine quote. I did see an episode with mother and daughter hosting...thought it was just a one time trip to a quilt shop in Chicago.

kay carlson 06-22-2010 07:44 AM

I've been wondering the same thing for the last few months. Liz has not hosted lectures, cruises, etc. if you check your older magazine ads. Hope everything is fine. She added so much to the program.

All Thumbs 06-22-2010 07:49 AM

I saw that with this weekend broadcast too. Like you guys, I am wondering and really hate to see this show change. The daughter is just fine but the show has always been one of a more detailed program and she does not bring that to the cutting table. Everyone always welcomes beginning quilters but I hope this is just an extended vacation or something for Liz and this program change is limited to a few weeks.

littlehud 06-22-2010 08:25 AM

I noticed she seemed to missing more and more. I hope all is well with her.

Sadiemae 06-22-2010 09:00 AM

I heard that she wanted to spend more time with her family and is retiring for the moment. I don't know if this is true or not.

mpspeedy 06-22-2010 09:30 AM

I don't know what is up with Liz but I did notice something else surprising. The show comes on here at 6:00a.m. on saturday morning so I don't always get to see it. On a recent show they introduced their new sponsor as "Baby Lock"? I was amazed or maybe I was seeing things. Anyone else see that episode?

quilter1 06-22-2010 09:58 AM

I noticed the same thing. I enjoyed the both of them on the show. What has happened to the Bernina sponsorship?

Kas 06-22-2010 10:12 AM

I don't have regular tv, so I missed all these shows anyway. But I supscribe to the magazine and noticed there isn't an ad for Bernina in this last one. Hmmm.

one-and-only 06-22-2010 10:39 AM

It also states in the new magazine that the mom and daughter team really enjoyed learning the techniques on their new sponsor (Baby Lock) for the 1600 tv series. I agree that the daughter does not bring the appeal to the show that Liz did.
Wondering if Mary (daughter) is for the purpose of luring the younger generations into quilting.