Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What have you made or bought anything since you found this Quilting Board site from reading messages! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-have-you-made-bought-anything-since-you-found-quilting-board-site-reading-messages-t53064.html)

craftybear 07-05-2010 07:18 PM

What have you made or bought since you found this Quilting Board site from reading the messages on this board.

This is the #1 Quilting Board site on the internet. I want to also to thank the admin. and moderators for a job well done. I have met so many nice friends and learned alot from reading the messages.

Granna of 5 07-05-2010 07:22 PM

The book "What I Learned from God While Quilting" it was talked about in one of the threads and I ordered that night. I love the book. Very good read....

cjomomma 07-05-2010 07:28 PM

I have bought more than I want to admit. I got templets, rotary cutters, cutting mats, cut and press mat, rulers, fabric, fabric and more fabric. I have made about 4 quilts finished and 3 tops waiting to be finished. I have also done a tutorial on the QB. This board has definitely forced me out of my box.

granniebj 07-05-2010 07:39 PM

I was intimidated with the whole idea of the grandmothers flower garden quilt. After reading messages on here I decided I wanted to give it a try. So far so good! I've been inspired to make alot more, but I'm one of those people who just has to finish the project I've started before moving onto another.

Ditter43 07-05-2010 07:45 PM

I've probably bought more fabric then I would have otherwise. I have also bought a lot of different kinds of threads....my Dh bought me a new Janome for Christmas last year. I have gotten a machine quilting frame....still not used.....I have made a lot of new "friends."I have made several quilts and learned a lot! All in all I'd say I have gained a lot more then I have spent!

quilting.addict 07-05-2010 07:54 PM

I joined one month ago. I never heard of a D9P; I've completed two tops and will teach a class next week at my LQS. I loved Ranger's avatar quilt and I am putting the second border on my version of her quilt!! I am getting ideas faster than I can cut the fabric!! I have learned in the past week to limit my time here. As much as I enjoy it, it defeats the purpose if I don't quilt!!
Jeannie in GA

Gramof6 07-05-2010 08:01 PM

That is a tough question, but I know of 3 Featherweights, fabric, off the top of my head.

littlehud 07-05-2010 08:05 PM

I have learned about so many patterns. I have bought fabric from board members and book they suggested.

Alabama Belle 07-05-2010 08:12 PM

Someone posted a picture of a block.... a star with a twisted border around it. They didn't know the name of it, but I've since learned it's called Twisted Star. I took her picture and made blocks and finished the quilt. It's red, white & blue and beautiful.

I go To The Sea To Breathe 07-05-2010 08:15 PM

It is really hard to list all the really great things I have gained from QB. New friends, donated fabric to me, I have donated fabric in Pay it forward, I have purchased FQ, small amt of yardage, looked at lots of quilting shops, watched how to make quick pillowcases and strip quilts. I purchased a kit for very low price from quilt shop. But the real thing that I have gained is the nerve to go on and jump into that pile of fabric and if something doesn't turn out right, try it again and again or post a HELP on QB. It has been my therapy group, my quilting group and my encouragement. I have met so many new quilting friends and I would not hesitate to meet them face to face. I have never seen so many kind hearted people in one spot before. thank you QBers. It is a fun place to be. I hardly ever even check facebook anymore. Love you all. Jackie