Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What I heard at JoAnn's store today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-heard-joanns-store-today-t213037.html)

sewmary 02-05-2013 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by LavenderBlue (Post 5840400)
Hopefully this is just that - a rumor. If it happens, I truly hope not ALL of Joann's fabrics are sold that way.

Yes truly hope so since I don't do Walmart - period. without our Joannes, this town will have nothing except the LQS and Hobby Lobby.

Jingle 02-05-2013 06:28 PM

Someone had posted this 'rumor' a year or so ago. Jo Anns has some of the indentical fabrics Walmart has, it just cost more at Jo Anns.

Lstew2212 02-05-2013 06:47 PM

Our Walmart just put fabric back in our store about 6 months ago. Yeah, I do like Joann's better as the selection is wider, but I have to drive 45 mins to get to Joann's. I usually stick pile my coupons and make a list. I try to go once a month.

In the mean time, I visit my Walmart fabric department any chance I get.

lynnie 02-05-2013 06:55 PM

My joanns is right next door to walmart. Hummmmmmm

gzuslivz 02-05-2013 08:24 PM

That doesn't make much sense to me. Im my area, Walmart has better fabric than a lot of the fabric at JoAnn's. So, I sure hope it's just a rumor.

slicksister 02-05-2013 09:18 PM

This rumor has been going around for a couple of years now. So far nothin'.

sylviak 02-05-2013 09:25 PM

Our JoAnn moved to a much larger location and is charging a lot more, so I don't go there much. Our Walmarts have put their fabric departments back in, but you're lucky if you can find someone to cut the fabric! I'm beginning to use Hobby Lobby more, because they have nice fabric, they're a bit less than JoAnn and they always have someone to cut the fabric. I really doubt JoAnn will contract with Walmart in this area since they just moved into their own "super store".

Pat625 02-05-2013 09:50 PM

I have 3 Walmarts to choose from..one only has precuts and the quality of the fabrics in the other two are like night and day..I was told that each store fabric dept manager is responsible for selecting the fabrics...I also go to Joanns, but without the coupons I couldn't afford much of what they carry...I hope to keep it all and seperate!! Also near a Hobby Lobby (very pricey) and Hancocks..I am VERY lucky!

garysgal 02-05-2013 09:51 PM

I heard this rumor several years ago and asked someone at our local Walmart and they said it wasn't true. I'll have to ask again and see if it is going around again or if it's now true.

SandySews 02-06-2013 04:02 AM

My town has no Jo Anns and the local Wal Mart doesn't carry fabric. I'm not impress with Jo Ann's fabrics. It's overpriced and some of it is very low quality. In my opinion Wal Mart's that carry fabrics would not be doing anyone any favors by allowing Jo Ann's to increase the prices of Wal Mart fabrics.