Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What I learned today at road2ca quilt class (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-learned-today-road2ca-quilt-class-t211809.html)

Dolphyngyrl 01-23-2013 05:58 PM

What I learned today at road2ca quilt class

Cynthia england patterns are not the easiest patterns to works on. Bernina's finally got to try the machines people always talk about and I can safely say I hate them and will never own one, and are far too expensive, more than they are worth IMHO, my espire cost less, had way more features, and sewed much nicer, and is way more user friendly than the 550 I sewed on all day. I also learned that the corner of my ruler can rip a giant hole in my favorite pair of jeans, yeah not too happy about that one. I think if I do another cynthia england pattern I will PP because I find that more enjoyable than her method, but she was a very good teacher, very nice, just talks way too fast to jot down any serious notes, but I enjoyed the class minus the jeans. Wished I would have tried out the kay buckley scissors but ran out of time, they sure looked nice. I have like 6 pairs of scissors but you can never have too many right

Valerie Ann 01-23-2013 06:26 PM

Love my Bernina and always will--so glad there is diversity, choice, and a machine for everyone.

hopetoquilt 01-23-2013 06:48 PM

I find that once you get used to something, it is hard to be open minded about something new. You are probably so comfortable with your current machine... It is like the old quilt board format that I loved. I never thought I would get used to the new board and now I love it. Glad you enjoyed your class

Tartan 01-23-2013 07:00 PM

There is your dream machine out there just keep looking. I'm a Bernina girl but you don't have to be.:)

Lori S 01-23-2013 07:07 PM

I am with you on the Bernina's being over priced. I had one quilt shop/Bernina dealership once imply that I was not a serious quilter because I did not own one. I just laughed and laughed and said "alot you know" ... and never went back.

sewplease 01-23-2013 07:17 PM

I LOVE scissors, too. They're the sewing equivalent of chocolate chip cookies for me lol. That's what I always want to use the Joann's coupons on, but I have half a dozen as well and really don't need any more. :-) Laura

Treasureit 01-23-2013 07:36 PM

You should be sewing machine tester...you gave me a very detailed report on your Brother Dreamweaver...I am actually going to look at them at the RTC this weekend. I don't plan to buy one yet, but good place to try it out.

BarbaraA 01-23-2013 07:50 PM

I think I am going to go on Saturday, my first time to road to ca. Mmwe live about 3 hrs away, my husband will drop me off and then go to bass pro shop. Im not in the market for anything, just want to check it out for the day!

Dolphyngyrl 01-23-2013 08:12 PM

I can tell you guys the quilts are beautiful, me favorite was a lady from germany, one of the first ones when you walk in, the sea turtles were just breathtaking, well worth a 3hr trip. I am looking forward to visiting the vendors on friday

Jennie and Me 01-23-2013 09:19 PM

Was the quilt that you loved by Claudia Pheil? If so, her work is fantastic. She has really given the quilting in Germany a boost. Her son came over here and took the maintenance course at the APQS factory in Carroll, Iowa. Yes, I am a fan of hers.:thumbup: She is an APQS dealer and has a quilt shop.