Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What kind of table for cutting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-kind-table-cutting-t213057.html)

jcrow 02-06-2013 11:36 AM

I bought bed risers for my long tables a couple of years ago. I'm thinking about buying more and setting them inside of the ones I have. They'll fit. I don't think it's quite tall enough and I'm only 5'2" tall. These were 6" bed risers, supposedly. Don't think they were.

sewingsuz 02-06-2013 06:12 PM

I am going to get some bed risers. Thanks for all your help. Or my DH may add 5 inch blocks to the legs with an L bracket.

TinkerQuilts 02-06-2013 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy (Post 5840946)
Can you put some bed risers under the feet? This really helps when I'm cutting.

That's what they're called - "Bed Risers" !!!!!

knlsmith 02-06-2013 07:30 PM

We have a deep freezer in out kitchen, and it is the perfect height for me. I am 5'6". I have a sewing room, but I like to use the whole house. :)

LoisM 02-06-2013 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieLOU (Post 5840779)
Best place for me is the penninsula counter-top in my kitchen. I'm lucky to have an extra long one and can put my 36x24 inch cutting mat on one end (where I can walk around 3 sides) and a pressing mat at the other. Perfect height and much sturdier than a table.

A kitchen island would be perfect but since I don't have one, I had my sons install bed risers under the banquet table I use in my craft room just a couple of weeks ago. It's just the right height for me now.

deanneellen 02-06-2013 08:10 PM

Funny this was just posted today because yesterday I brought another 6 ft table upstairs and stuck "bed risers" under the legs for a cutting table! It is working great!

Gladys 02-06-2013 10:25 PM

I was so lucky. I got a cabinet bottom( like you have in your kitchen) when this store was going out of business for about $25.00. I had one of those light hollow doors ( not heavy) . I put the door on top lf the double cabinet and covered it with contact paper. It is the perfect height.

patchsamkim 02-07-2013 04:42 AM

I have a 24x48" table that I bought many years ago...it raises and lowers. For cutting I can get raise it to get just the right height, and when I use it for sewing (like at retreats), I can lower it to a good sewing height. You might try at office supply stores to see if they still make (or if you can order) a table like this.

mandyrose 02-07-2013 09:35 AM

I'm surprise nobody mention the pvc pipe this is were I got my idea thank you qb,years ago I purchased 2 folding tables with wheels for my sewing machines but ended up not likeing them at all too much vibration very annoying push them together and found out they were to low and came across the tip from qb to use pvc pipe so went to lows and got the one and half inch round and had 8 legs cut at 11 inches each and slip them over the table legs work out swell my guess would be that tables legs are different sizes pvc pipes comes in round sizes