Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is name of good ironing board cover (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-name-good-ironing-board-cover-t216253.html)

BellaBoo 03-13-2013 01:08 PM

To fit most ironing boards, Walmart has good cotton ones. I have noticed the silver fabric covers there now too. I use a big board so I make my own. I saw the Miracle Covers at Tuesday Mornings store.

nancy14418 03-13-2013 01:57 PM

June Tailor has a great one, thick cotton fabric with measuring tape and squares printed on top so you can press your blocks on the square. I got mine from Nancy's Notions.

QuiltE 03-13-2013 02:22 PM

First of all, my ironing board is an old steel one, with a rectangular piece of plywood on top to give me a nice large surface to work with. First it's covered with a few layers of flannelette ... some that I had and knew I was never gointg to use!

As for the cover ... I cover it with a FUN cotton fabric. When it needs washing, off it comes and I put a 2nd one on, so I don't have to rush it thru the wash, and can continue on!

Am I the odd one out in doing it this way?

BellaBoo 03-13-2013 02:36 PM

My cover is stapled cotton fabric over one layer of cotton batting on a plywood board. I pull off the batting and fabric and recover whenever it gets dirty. I don't even wash it or try to reuse it. I really like using loud prints for the cover.

mary123 03-13-2013 02:47 PM

Thank you ladies for your answers.

ube quilting 03-13-2013 03:33 PM

I make my own with good cotton duck. I don't like the silver covers they retain the heat and send it back to the fabric and if you are using starch, I get scorching. peace

White Lily 10-20-2015 06:52 PM

I too love the Miracle Ironing Board Cover, but the website that I found is acting a little strange... Accepts the order and then, NOTHING HAPPENS?!? I mean, how can I order it FOR REAL?

annette1952 10-20-2015 11:30 PM

I made one from a free pattern I got online. Don't remember where l got it now but you could google it. I need to make me another one soon so I have to find it again.

ManiacQuilter2 10-21-2015 06:01 AM

I am lucky to have bought 9 of these big board ironing covers by June Taylor. The were discontinued and marked down so low at JAF over 12 years ago I bought all that were in the store.

Weezy Rider 10-21-2015 02:38 PM

Miracle's web site can be iffy. I couldn't get an answer about a custom size. Went to a Quilt Show and there was a rep there. She had the total list, and my ironing board was actually on it! I told her the web site was off. Maybe if you can find a list of distibutors for Miracle, you might get faster service.

I've ordered two covers from Miracle, both at shows. One rep was Calif. based. Both of the reps had my cover to me before the promised time.

I have an old Pfaff board. It has a fan and motor that draw steam through. The Miracle cover is the closest in fabric and underlying liner to the old blue cover I got with the Pfaff board.