Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is name of good ironing board cover (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-name-good-ironing-board-cover-t216253.html)

mary123 03-13-2013 06:54 AM

What is name of good ironing board cover

What is the name of good ironing board cover?
And where did you order it?
Thanks.

mighty 03-13-2013 07:07 AM

I have the Miracle cover, it is a good cover but I find it slippery!

Holice 03-13-2013 07:08 AM

I find any silver sided works for me with a thin padding.

Scissor Queen 03-13-2013 07:18 AM

I hate that silver stuff. I have a good cotton duck cover on my board. www.allbrands.com has a good selection of cotton duck and cotton canvas covers.

auntpiggylpn 03-13-2013 09:02 AM

I bought one at Hobby Lobby. It is wonderful! It was a little pricey I think $30+ but I used a coupon. It does have the silver fabric and nice firm padding. I'm sorry I don't remember the name of it but I recall that they only carried 2 ironing board covers. I've had mine for over a year and it is still going strong. I iron something everyday whether it is clothes or fabric.

Nilla 03-13-2013 09:33 AM

I have a BigBoard over my ironing board. I like it because it's a big rectangle. It's so much easier to iron backings. With my regular board they get re-wrinkled a bit, but with the BigBoard, not so much.

The down side is that it's bigger and I don't have a lot of room for my ironing board. Sometimes I take it off, but then I have to lean it against the wall, which isn't really much better.

Peckish 03-13-2013 09:34 AM

Another vote for cotton duck here, but I make my own.

I do not prewash the fabric.
I cut out the basic outline of the ironing board plus a casing and seam allowance.
I sew a casing and insert elastic.
Once the cover is on and adjusted, I spritz the duck with water. (Quack!)
As it dries, the cotton duck will shrink to fit the board like a glove. The texture of the cotton duck holds my blocks as well as a Steady Betty.

Gladys 03-13-2013 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Holice (Post 5925476)
I find any silver sided works for me with a thin padding.

I agree with Holice on this one. I've had some sad experiences with other covers. :(

seamstome 03-13-2013 11:38 AM

I use the Miracle one. Yes it was alot of money. Had it for a couple years, I quilt 20 hours a week on average and I beat the crap out of it. Wash it all the time, fuse on it, spill on it. And it keeps coming back for more. It is wearing around the corners because I have a homemade Big Board that pokes at the corners. Also I did spill something on it that made a stain. So it is on my list to get a new one at the quilt show.

nycquilter 03-13-2013 01:04 PM

I bought one from Annie's, formerly Clothilde. It has lines and angles on it, is very heavy duck cloth, and very sturdy. I have a larger ironing board bought years ago at BJ's and they had the right size. I love it and use it to death, a la seamstome!