Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilted or sewed gifts did you give for Christmas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilted-sewed-gifts-did-you-give-christmas-t209662.html)

lots2do 12-31-2012 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 5750844)
Can you sjow us the pattern, wemiht liketo make it too

I'll post the contact info here later in the day. It's from Sewing by the Sea in Trenton, Maine. The kit with the pattern and everything you need was $9.00 with Maine sales tax. I didn't think that was bad. The owner is very helpful and would probably ship it out to anyone interested.

twinkie 01-01-2013 04:22 AM

I know I had to contact PatriceJ, a moderator, and she had to do something with my settings. Haven't had a problem since. You might try that.

Originally Posted by PolkaBabe (Post 5750959)
I made "Folded Tree Napkins". Would post a photo, but with this new set up I haven't been able to.

Chiclet 01-01-2013 04:53 AM

This year was crazy and I did not have time to make any gifts. I then ended up with the flu in December and wound up just giving gift cards! Did not feel the holiday spirit! :(
last year though my mother in law and I made quilted professioinal totes for most of the women on our list. Phew! Such a detailed pattern that it took us two full sewing days to make two... After we completed about eight of them we swore we would never make another! Everyone loved them though so all the work was worth it!

MamaC 01-01-2013 04:57 AM

Pot holders. Considering I did not have a patteren, they turned out pretty nice. I don't know how to post a picture or I would. sorry/

Amythyst02 01-01-2013 05:20 AM

Table runners was all I did this year.

meanmom 01-01-2013 05:40 AM

Lots2do the little baskets sound neat. I looked on the website and couldn't find them. Do you have a picture? Would love to see it. I need ideas for secret santa, quilt guild gifts etc.......

Sewlmatesister 01-01-2013 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by lots2do (Post 5750829)
I recently got the cutest pattern to make these little baskets. Probably could have figured it out on my own but it was priced fairly and was a quilt shop's original pattern. I'd like to make some for next year's coworker gifts. Won't use up a ton of fabric but they'll be cute. Have to finish some UFOs first.

Would love to see a picture of your basket pattern. That might be something I would order!!!

sewbizgirl 01-01-2013 07:32 AM

I only made pillowcases this Christmas, because I had so many knitted gifts to complete. All the pillowcases were geared to the personality of the recipient and all were very well received.

Last Christmas I made daughter and son-in-law a big quilt. They loved it.

Dianna77984 01-01-2013 08:05 AM

Gifts

I made those cup organizers this year (30 of them) and they were the biggest hit. I am thinking bed organizer this next Christmas. My family loves me to make the gifts as I give things they can't readly buy and I usually wrap them in some sort of unusual way. Like one year I packed everyones gift in oat meal boxes. We collected the boxes all year.

mcfay 01-01-2013 08:14 AM

I made each of my three grown children bed quilts, and each of my 3 grown granddaughters lap quilts. Made my two great granddaughters doll clothes.