Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting project will you be working on today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-project-will-you-working-today-t204353.html)

ArtsyOne 10-27-2012 03:59 AM

I'm hitting the local fabric warehouse and then I will, I will, I will finally start the FMQ on a quilt on which I've been working for three months. Maybe.

nclauri 10-27-2012 04:00 AM

I am going to start quilting a BOM quilt.

happyquiltmom 10-27-2012 04:04 AM

Am working at the quilt shop today, as the boss is away. I probably won't get anything done at home, but am working on a Hopscotch quilt at the shop.

JenelTX 10-27-2012 04:06 AM

Love scrappy quilts! I hope you'll post a picture when you're done!

I'll be working on quilting a quilt I'm making for my adult stepson. It's going to be his Christmas present, but I just found out he's going to come visit us (with his new girlfriend! yay!), so my deadline is sooner than I thought.

barri1 10-27-2012 04:13 AM

I'm hoping to reiron and resew the sashing to reconect my QAYG that I took apart, and squared two weeks ago. Before that I have to go food shopping for the storm, and vaccuum under everything, and hit all the corners.. It seems that my buddy wouldn't get the ball under the armoire, as he hit a troop of dust bunnies, and thought they were attacking him. He stood there, and barked at the armoire until I got up to see the problem.. It was pretty bad. He wasn't even partially to blame, as he doesn't shed, and there was no dog hair.. Ughhhh

margee 10-27-2012 04:41 AM

I'm finishing a baby quilt for a shower. Doing the FMQ. Not as good as I'd like but still will be pretty, I hope.

asimplelife 10-27-2012 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug (Post 5615380)
I was searching the internet, looking at books, going through my fat qtrs, trying to decide what to make, when I noticed my pile of scraps from my very last project. I have decided to make a string block quilt, to clean out my mess, I may donate this one. I started cutting up my scraps and to my surprise there is quite a bit and once you cut them into 2 1/2 strips they are also more organised and easier to imaige a quilt being made from them. My husband said I really should do that when more of my scrap bins...they are becoming unruly. I was just going to cut them into shapes and strips, but so glad I have decided to use them right away. So happy quilting everyone...stay safe during the storm.

I love using 2.5 strips and it seems there are endless quilts to be made using them! Not to mention scrappy binding. I've got three UFOs in the binding stage, two that will be machine sewn and one that I'm 50% done with the handsewing. My dd, boyfriend and grand cats are coming for the weekend so looking forward to that.

patsynel 10-27-2012 04:51 AM

I will be working on a Christmas tablerunner for a friend.

wuv2quilt 10-27-2012 04:52 AM

I have 1 top to finish piecing.....2 tops to spray baste......this brings the total to 3 quilts to quilt.......actually 4 when I finish the piecing.....:eek: and all BEFORE Thanksgiving!!!! I suppose I should get off the QB and get BUSY!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Pat625 10-27-2012 04:55 AM

This morning I will be house hunting..hopefully will get a quilt sandwiched after that..Have cup cozies to finish, and 2 table runners to get done this weekend. Then when I stop to relax and watch TV in the evenings, I can work on hand quilting.