Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WHAT A SALE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-sale-t86830.html)

Berta48 01-01-2011 03:01 PM

Boy Oh Boy did I ever get in on a GREAT sale today!!!
ALl fabric 50% off that wasn't on a bolt. There was Kauffman, Benatraxt(spelling) Moda,Thimbleberrie and sooo many others. I got 200.00 dollars worth of fabric for $100.00.(my Christmas money)OHHHH I wish I could post them for you to see.

I bought 1 1/2 yds of about four different fabrics the rest I went for two yds each.!!!!
I had went Thursdays and the lady told me about the sale today so I went back. I had posted awhile back that at Ben Franklin in a town 30 min from us has a fabric section. It was so amazing I didn't want to stop.

mygirl66 01-01-2011 03:05 PM

Ohhhh, whereis this at!?

amma 01-01-2011 03:06 PM

Woo Hoo! What a great sale :D:D:D

Berta48 01-01-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
Ohhhh, whereis this at!?

It was in Macon Missouri at a store called Ben Franklin.It is 30min from where I live.

I am telling you, you could barely walk for all the people it was only from Noon to 5. But I was there at 12:30.

They even had their baby flannels and blenders and it was just absolutely un believable.

I wish I had had more money but 100.00 was all I had left from my Christmas money. So I got what I could. It truly was awesome. I usually don't have the money when these sales pop up( on SSI) but I did today. Praise the LORD!

I kept thinking I wish the ladies on the quilt site were here to help me pick out fabrics cause I am fairly new at it.

Grama Lehr 01-01-2011 03:30 PM

Tease. . . . .

Airwick156 01-01-2011 03:33 PM

We had a local Ben Franklin Store here and I used to love to go and buy fabric there. They always had so much fabric that I never would see anywhere else. I used to make Scrub Uniform Shirts for people and I would buy alot of fabric from Ben Franklin. They are no longer here. ;(

bluteddi 01-01-2011 03:47 PM

I used to love Ben Franklins.... I havent' seen one in years!!!! good buying!!

Can't wait to see what u do with all that great fabric!1

Grammie Sharon 01-01-2011 03:51 PM

Congrats on your deals. I had the same this here just after Christmas. A LQS has 50% off all fabrics in their store on Dec 28 & 29 and everything else was 20% off. They do this at the end of the year right before they do their inventory. I didn't spend alot but did get a few yards of material. What a deal, so I know how you feel.

harvsstuff 01-01-2011 03:57 PM

Years ago when I didn't quilt we had a Ben Franklin in town. Once I started quilting they moved out. I didn't even know they carried fabric. Glad you were able to get good deals.

Jamiestitcher62 01-01-2011 04:30 PM

My LQS had a sale today as well. If you bought the rest of a bolt, it was 50% off otherwise it was 30% off. I bought 5.5 yards of Clothworks Josephine pattern for backing on a quilt kit that's coming from Quick Quilt Magazine, I bought some Moda Summers End, 4.5 yards of a blue floral, 2.5 yards of a burgundy and 3 yards of a blue. I also got 2 yards of a green with a cream dot.

I was anxious to start a One Block Wonder quilt and found, what I think is the perfect fabric, and was able to get the rest of a bolt 5.5 yards for 50% off.

We are all lucky today aren't we. Great find at Ben Franklin's. We used to have one years ago in our area.