Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What should I do?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-should-i-do-t199377.html)

Pickle 09-02-2012 12:20 PM

What should I do??

I have over 100 4 in. sq. blocks that were supposed to be prairie points o my vintage which my husband quilted before I had it done. I had it on the quilt because we had guests and I had to take it off of the guest bed. So now woe is me as what I do now with all these squares. I am not extremely talented when it come to making my own idea up.
I was thinking of pin weel and something but are the sq.s too small. They are vintage style print faabrics. So any suggestions???

TanyaL 09-02-2012 12:31 PM

Why not just use them as prairie points on your next quilt? You sound as if you use a pattern for your quilts instead of making your own, but any quilt can have prairie points added as the last border. You can select colors that coordinate with your blocks for any pattern that you choose. It is not required to use the fabrics that are suggested.

Or you could offer them up for sale on this board.

Neesie 09-02-2012 12:34 PM

First thing I'd do, is tell my husband to ASK before "finishing" something for me! As for the little blocks, you could just hang onto them, until you have enough blocks for an old-fashioned patchwork quilt (maybe a lap quilt).

Jingle 09-02-2012 04:55 PM

My Husband doesn't quilt, so that wouldn't be a problem here. Tell him to leave your stuff alone or you will sew them into a club and beat him with it.

AlienQuilter 09-02-2012 06:44 PM

Keep them by your machine and use them as enders - I think that is a correct term. You know, when you are piecing and you need a scrap to sew on, instead, sew two squares together and eventually you will have them all sewn. I think I read about this over at Quiltville. Those 4" squares would make a nice scrappy quilt. Maybe a pet quilt if you have a pet.

Jackie Spencer 09-03-2012 05:28 AM

I have a pattern where the Praire Points are added after the Quilt is quilted! pattern is very specific about not adding them till quilting is done!

Pickle 09-04-2012 04:06 AM

I am going to put all my prairie points on my quilt, the reason I was thinking that I couldn't was because we had ordered more fabric for my border and so when it finally came and our company had left I forgot all about having to add the extra border.
But I checked my quilt and I do have room to get them on it will be a bit different but I just want to put them on I have never done that before Now to get to point two, my husband does all my quilting, I was going to quit sewing because of the price to pay to have one quilted, he bought a used rack and started to be my quilter, he is a very neat person and does an excellent job so this time he was not responsible for the error we both forgot. I guess that is life when we are both senior' s
But thanks for the help with the suggestions, my pattern book tells how to sew them on.