Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is wrong with me??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-wrong-me-t84797.html)

barboonie2 12-23-2010 04:33 PM

Here I sit in my sewing room. I officially closed up "Santa's workshop" last night at midnight. That means I finished up one last project for Christmas and resigned myself that whatever didn't get done isn't and it doesn't matter (are we ever truly finished????). I want to chill down a couple of days after a few months of working late hours trying to finish all the things I want to give this year. I can't wait to see their faces when I give them their quilts!

My kids are all going to be here so I transformed the sewing room into another guest room. So the problem.....I'm bored! I came home from work and really wanted to start sewing again!

Guess I'll just go downstairs and make some cookies for the weekend. Happy Holidays everyone!!

skydiver70 12-23-2010 04:34 PM

Happy Holidays to you and your family, too!

maine ladybug 12-23-2010 04:51 PM

Enjoy what time you have with your family and count your blessings that they are with you. Merry Christmas to all of you!

sueisallaboutquilts 12-23-2010 05:15 PM

Happy Holidays to you and there's not a thing wrong with you!
You're a quilter and that's that.
It'll all be there after the holidays :)
Hugs!!

darlin121 12-23-2010 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by barboonie2
Here I sit in my sewing room. I officially closed up "Santa's workshop" last night at midnight. That means I finished up one last project for Christmas and resigned myself that whatever didn't get done isn't and it doesn't matter (are we ever truly finished????). I want to chill down a couple of days after a few months of working late hours trying to finish all the things I want to give this year. I can't wait to see their faces when I give them their quilts!

My kids are all going to be here so I transformed the sewing room into another guest room. So the problem.....I'm bored! I came home from work and really wanted to start sewing again!

Guess I'll just go downstairs and make some cookies for the weekend. Happy Holidays everyone!!

I suspect I know what is wrong.... you are going into withdrawal! Happens to me whenever I have to stop after a long bout of sewing. I'm afraid the only cure is to start sewing again! (grin)

bigsister63 12-23-2010 05:27 PM

Take this down time to "regroup and rejuvinate" youself to get sewing after the holiday rush is over. Use it to plan your projects for next year!!!!!!!!

pstoner 12-23-2010 05:31 PM

Enjoy at least you will be spending the holiday with your children. We have four children and five grandchildren and will not be seeing any of them. It will be a very sad and lonely day.

QuiltingHiker 12-23-2010 05:35 PM

The juices will be flowing and you will be super creative come the New Year.

mcdaniel023 12-23-2010 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by pstoner
Enjoy at least you will be spending the holiday with your children. We have four children and five grandchildren and will not be seeing any of them. It will be a very sad and lonely day.

Hugs to you. I had that happen two years ago. It was really sad.

QuiltingHiker 12-23-2010 06:00 PM

None of my kids are coming this year. We are going to a restaurant for dinner no need to cook.