Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you making for Holiday gift giving? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-making-holiday-gift-giving-t113.html)

Randy 12-13-2006 06:39 AM

Rainbow...can I be your daughter? Your quilt is just beautiful. I have some fabric just like the background fabric in your quilt. I thnk I now know what I'll do with it. It was given to me and I never quite knew how to use it . It looks like you do beautiful work and I know your daughter is going to love the quilt. Keep on sewing! Merry Christmas.
Randy

SewSew2 12-13-2006 06:45 AM

Your quilt is not just pretty it is stunning. What a wonderful gift your daughter will be receiving.....it will be one that will last for years.
Thanks for sharing,
Beth

Boo 12-13-2006 10:37 AM

Rainbow, wow that is gorgeous. Love the addition of a touch of yellow. The Irish chain has always been one of my favorite patterns. :D

Donna 12-13-2006 04:44 PM

Sure do like that one. I love Toile to begin with, but this quilt is beautiful.

Minda 12-13-2006 07:37 PM

Rainbow, Your quilt is BEAUTIFUL. How are you going to finish it?

judyjo 12-14-2006 10:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the quilt I finished for my grandson. It is the bear paws pattern. Scraps from pajamas, shorts, etc that I made for he and his 2 brothers were used for the "paws" part of the quilt. When I finished the top of the quilt I still had lots of fabric left over and knew I wouldn't use it for anything else (no more grandchildren) and I didn't want to throw it away so I made a random patchwork for the back. Attached are pictures of both sides.

Back of quilt...random patchwork to use up fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47211[/ATTACH]

front of Bear Paws quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48912[/ATTACH]

LinK 12-14-2006 10:34 AM

I love the bear paw. Your quilt is beautiful. I also made a back for a quilt with all the leftover scraps. I love doing that.

judyjo 12-14-2006 11:02 AM

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I goofed on one block. In one of the blocks, one paw is pointing in the wrong direction. :oops: By the time I discovered it I was too far along to rip things out and fix it. So......that's what will make this quilt unique! I had never done a quilt back with leftover scraps before. But in talking with others I learned that many quilters have done this. It's a great way to use up fabric that's been in your stash for a while....and you're tired of looking at it....but you don't want to throw it away, either. :-)

Boo 12-14-2006 11:07 AM

JudyJo, that is so cool! Your quilt takes using it up to a whole new level :D Thank you for sharing pics of your creative gift.

Donna 12-14-2006 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Love your quilt! So much easier than what I am doing. Somewhere on this board I posted what I am doing, I think. Family Crazy Patch quilts.

Here is one block of one family member. This is a pic of the block and a draft of the pic, came out much nicer on the fabric with more intense coloring, as well as, sharper.

These will be every other block along the outside of the quilts (doing 4 for grandkids).

OOP's, then there are all the crazy patches with an inner frame for the individual grandchilds picture in the center!

The Murphy's Square
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11457[/ATTACH]