Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you making for Holiday gift giving? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-making-holiday-gift-giving-t113.html)

Donna 12-14-2006 11:19 AM

Now Judyjo, I would have never seen that one paw if you hadn't mentioned it. I do really love this quilt. I am amazed at the fact that there are so many blocks out there that "I didn't like" and yet when seen in someones quilt are just stunning. I guess it is all in the choice of fabrics and the layout used. I am so glad my opinons are so flexible.

I do love the scrappy back. What a great way to use up fabric.

Randy 12-14-2006 11:41 AM

Hi Judy Jo:
I just love your quilt...it's so colorful and bright. Great job. I also like the dark sashing which sets off the blocks so nicely. I have made the Bear Paw pattern for potholders but this gives me a quilt idea that I might try.

Your quilt is gorgeous! THANK YOU for sharing...I'm such a visual person seeing a piece of work is so much more educational for me than just reading about it and, after all, we are here hoping to LEARN all we can from each other.
Keep on Quilting and Sewing,
Randy

Randy 12-14-2006 11:44 AM

Hi Donna:
What a great and creative idea...Will you share a picture of the quilt when it's completed? Thanks.
Keep on Quilting and Sewing! Randy

judyjo 12-14-2006 12:01 PM

Wow, Donna.....that sounds like quite a quilt. Please post a picture when it's done. I would love to see it!

Judy

judyjo 12-14-2006 01:52 PM

Randy, I would never have chosen black for the sashing but it is my grandson's favorite color. There is a touch of red thru the black and I was surprised at how well it set off the blocks. I find that you just can't picture the overall affect until it is complete!!\

Judyjo

dforseth 12-14-2006 04:02 PM

Great quilt, I never liked the Bear's Paw until now!!! I would have never noticed the "goof" if you hadn't said something. :)

Rainbow 12-14-2006 08:15 PM

Minda, completed it by putting just a dark blue binding (cut 3 inches because I left backing and batting longer than front). LOOKS GOOD. Family comes in this weekend, so when she unwraps it I will take a picture and send it. She wanted an 85X96 quilt...and no border around the edges. She wants to pull the quilt over the pillows during the day (so THAT is the longer length) - then fold the quilt down when they get in bed. I used all the extra Toile to go down 24 inches from the top in the Toile fabric - used the generic material for the rest of the backing.

Donna 12-14-2006 08:44 PM

I have to say, I just went through the entire thread, and we really have some great items here, they are all wonderful.

Minda 12-15-2006 08:30 AM

Rainbow,

Can't wait to see it. Please be sure and post a picture.

Minda

judyjo 12-15-2006 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is a pic of a redwork pillow I made to add to my Christmas decorations.

Judyjo

Redwork pillow
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45925[/ATTACH]