Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What was your best purchase at a show? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-best-purchase-show-t202673.html)

Handcraftsbyjen 10-08-2012 07:52 PM

In August I got the Merilee's numbered quilt pins and they have made my life simplier. I no longer have to write numbers on paper or scraps of fabric to number my rows and columns of squares when I go to sew them together.

Knitnoid 10-08-2012 08:39 PM

I'm not sure I can narrow it down to just one thing. The very top of my list is my Martelli Ergo 2000 rotary cutter. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that cutter. When I helped out at my friends quilt shop, I took my own cutter. #2 on the list is my Tutto rolling bag and serger bag. When I go to retreats if it doesn't fit into those two bags it doesn't go. I'm really surprised at how much use I get from the serger bag, I had to be talked into getting it. #3 the vibrating pillow -- although there's got to be a cheaper version. This is not so much for me, but for my husband. He's worn 2 of them out!

Silver Needle 10-08-2012 09:00 PM

The Dublin 4 in 1 LED light and magnifier by craftlite Converts from floor model to table top to clip on and has battery adaptability. 21 LED lights surround the magnifying lens and there is no distortion.

Elaine's goatskin leather thimbles in extra small. They are hard to find.

quiltyfeelings 10-08-2012 09:36 PM

My night shirt that I wear at quilting retreats! It reads "eat. sleep. quilt."

DOTTYMO 10-08-2012 11:30 PM

Most expensive item I love my juki sewing machine with a large throat only goes back or forwards but great for FMQ. NOw adays I spend weeks before a show looking for new gadgets or ideas to look at before a show and not spend hours wandering. Love the expectation of finding them but most of all love having a sit down and chat with new friends about their quilting and purchases, usually it is husbands I chat to they know so much about quilting.( I live on my own and rarely speak to a male).

Crqltr 10-09-2012 01:14 AM

I boughtmy first Bernina embroidery machine. I bought one of the demo machines. Got me hooked!

snipforfun 10-09-2012 02:29 AM

My Walk The Walk shoes. I love them! It was the busiest booth at the 3 quilt shows Ive been to recently

Pds 10-09-2012 03:08 AM

I actually have two best buys----the first was my Gammill Premier (she and I don't always get along---but I am sure glad I have her); and a small little ruler that I use for binding. I put the binding on in long strips and join them at the corners into mitered closed corners. Couldn't do without either.

topstitch 10-09-2012 03:12 AM

The worse thing I ever bought was my Tin Lizzie Long Arm quilter. The best thing is the Nolting Long Arm that I replaced it with after only 2 and one half years.

Sunnie 10-09-2012 03:19 AM

My Beba cutting mat 2 years ago at the Hershey show. I love it so much I searched out that they were attending the Oaks, PA show so I went and got a larger (30" by 58") mat. Also a seam ripper that looks like a pointed/curved razor blade.