Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is your favorite Twister? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-favorite-twister-t193316.html)

Handcraftsbyjen 07-01-2012 11:13 AM

What is your favorite Twister?

Since so many people have done Twister projects, I was wondering what is your favorite Twister? Also, which of the 4 sizes of Twister rulers do you use most? (Twister, Lil Twister, Primitive Pinwheel or Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheel). Lastly, is there something you'd like to make a Twister of?

Tartan 07-01-2012 11:21 AM

I like all the ones I've seen so far, boo, Christmas tree, bunny, square, trip around the world but my favorite is the heart for a baby quilt. I see you have an Uncle Sam twister in your Avatar. That is one I've never seen before. What other ones are there?

mike'sgirl 07-01-2012 11:23 AM

I bought the twister ruler, but have not used it. I bought it in aticipation of a class I was taking with my guild. We ended up using a "twister" ruler by Marti Michelle, that gives you the same results, but works differently. From what I understand, Marti's ruler works better than the original twister, because you don't have to create a top and then cut it apart. Her ruler allows you to cut the four different peices from the one ruler, and the she has a pattern to put it all together. Once I figured it out, I had fun with it. I also allows you to cut 8 sizes with the same ruler. It's called Tessellating Windmills. Gina

Handcraftsbyjen 07-01-2012 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5331185)
I like all the ones I've seen so far, boo, Christmas tree, bunny, square, trip around the world but my favorite is the heart for a baby quilt. I see you have an Uncle Sam twister in your Avatar. That is one I've never seen before. What other ones are there?

Some of the ones that are out: heart, shamrock, bunny, Easter cross, flag, Uncle Sam, pumpkin, jack-o-lantern, witch hat, Christmas tree, wreath, reindeer, cactus, cowboy boot, music note, joy, truck, flowers and a Texas flag. There are also a variety of quilts.

Marilynsue 07-01-2012 11:37 AM

Where can you find patterns? I've seen several of them but not all.

Handcraftsbyjen 07-01-2012 12:45 PM

If you are looking for larger quilts, www.country-schoolhouse.com (who created the rulers) has 2 books out. If you want some fun wall hangings or baby quilts: www.marthadzines.com, www.handcraftsbyjennifer.com, and www.gatheringroomquiltshop.com all have different shaped Twisters. I'm sure there are other sites, but those are the ones I know most people like.

katkat1946 07-01-2012 12:51 PM

My total favorite is one I just saw at the Vermont Quilt Festival. It was all lights - lavendars, blues, greens and so soft and gorgeous!!! I have a picture but am not sure it's "legal" to post.

ppquilter 07-02-2012 05:45 AM

How big is your Uncle Sam and which size twister did you use to make him?

Handcraftsbyjen 07-02-2012 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by katkat1946 (Post 5331397)
My total favorite is one I just saw at the Vermont Quilt Festival. It was all lights - lavendars, blues, greens and so soft and gorgeous!!! I have a picture but am not sure it's "legal" to post.

I saw a cool pastel Twister by someone in Maine that was like a Trip Around The World and it was in blues, greens and I don't remember the other colors. I wonder if that's what you saw. Too bad you can't share a picture. It sounds like beautiful summer colors.

nhnative 06-09-2013 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen (Post 5331162)
Since so many people have done Twister projects, I was wondering what is your favorite Twister? Also, which of the 4 sizes of Twister rulers do you use most? (Twister, Lil Twister, Primitive Pinwheel or Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheel). Lastly, is there something you'd like to make a Twister of?

This is a mini I did with cheater fabric and a 2" twister ruler