Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is your must have item ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-must-have-item-t213134.html)

quilter2090 02-08-2013 02:54 PM

June Tailor's Shape Cut ruler. I put other rulers away,but my shape cut ruler is always out, ready to use.

mrs. fitz 02-08-2013 06:10 PM

The product I couldn't think of before is ThimblePad. Great for those who don't like regular thimbles. Probably fabric would be the #1 thing and if you roll yardage you can squeeze it into all kinds of little corners and spaces in a suitcase.

My time 02-09-2013 10:33 PM

A pressure canner....really? Do you realize how much they weigh? Other than unusual rulers and cool fabric, I think almos everything is available in the UK. Now that being said I love the Bendable lights that you attach to the side of the machine. I can always use more light especially with my featherweight. My clover seam ripper. Appliqué pressing sheet, and my June Tailor cut and press. Have a great time in the Big Apple and welcome to America.

justflyingin 02-09-2013 10:55 PM

Fabric and rotary blades.

I don't live in the US right now but visit from time to time and this is why I bring back to Poland when I do visit. Most of the gadgets you can actually do without.

justflyingin 02-09-2013 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by sassey (Post 5843587)
Can you nget color catchers there if not they are really good to have

I first saw color catchers when I visited Scotland a few years ago. They can get them in the UK. ASDA has them. (I think that's the name of the store.)

DOTTYMO 02-10-2013 12:54 AM

Elmers glue available in UK,Unusual fabric is not. Also those plastic holders to put 2 rulers together for long lengths. Also recently purchased from US a heavy weight cone holder as I. Have. Only seen light weight ones here.
I definitely purchase more fabric from US. OTHER items are books not easy to purchase here.
Look up the recent gadgets for US and look prices.

carolaug 02-10-2013 01:48 AM

Elmers glue sticks work great and very cheap! He can get it at pretty much any store. Staples, Walmart, Target, CVS etc..Easy Press is that the spray?? if so...that is expensive. I buy it on line with a 5o percent off coupon at Joanns. Scissors - use your 50 percent off at Joanns for that also...Too bad you do not know someone in the NY area that could show them around and pick you up some of your wants.

Originally Posted by Little RoO (Post 5843136)
Ok.....let me think, things that I am interested in, and don,t have here
Rulers, like flying geese, or anything that helps making blocks more precise. Here most shops have straight rulers but anything different is hard to get
Fabric glues
Easy press? Anything that will help make seams look better.
Any scissors that are amazing, here most are fiskars....is there something better.
Fabric I will sort...and yes I want him to bring back most of his allowance in fabric

bigredharley 02-10-2013 04:15 AM

Gingher scissors - they are the cadillac of scissors, last forever and I'd get both shears and snips.
Love the binding clips
the needle threader for hand sewing. Everyone who has seen mine wants one.

nhweaver 02-10-2013 04:41 AM

Check out Hancock of paducah's for their sale fabric, unbelievable, and all the other sites listed here. If you are buying in Joann's let me know by PM, maybe I can find a spare coupon number for you.

nhweaver 02-10-2013 04:47 AM

Oh, I love mine also. Mine is "the Sticky", but Joann's has something similar.

Originally Posted by Mary L Booth (Post 5846924)
The best quilting notion I love, is the washable lint roller