Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's the issue with Purple? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-issue-purple-t68805.html)

stitchinbee 10-06-2010 11:10 PM

My favorite color is purple, however when shopping for fabric in a brick and mortar store, there will be several feet of every color of fabric under the sun, except for purple. Online shopping provides the same results as well. I am especially fond of blenders and tonals, I don't really care for batiks, and try to stay miles away from broadcloth. Hobby Lobby carries kona cloth, but not in purple. What is it with purple? Hmmm....

scoobertina 10-06-2010 11:13 PM

I'm with you on purple.. I never seem to find enough..

earthwalker 10-06-2010 11:46 PM

Purple is my favourite colour...and I have so few pieces. You are right, there just isn't that much out there.

mayday 10-07-2010 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinbee
My favorite color is purple, however when shopping for fabric in a brick and mortar store, there will be several feet of every color of fabric under the sun, except for purple. Online shopping provides the same results as well. I am especially fond of blenders and tonals, I don't really care for batiks, and try to stay miles away from broadcloth. Hobby Lobby carries kona cloth, but not in purple. What is it with purple? Hmmm....

ADORE purple and green together, actually BOUGHT a machined [don't care for] one it is so lovely and backing is a border of green with violets growing ------will post IF DH can do it for me!!!

lindyline 10-07-2010 02:02 AM

There's a ton of purples out there.You're not looking where it is though.v There's a ton of it, but only in certain places.I made friends with one of the lqs's here, and her favourite color is purple, so her shop has lots.And yes, not only is it my favourite color, but my aunts, and was my grandmothers as well.

quilterella 10-07-2010 02:12 AM

When I still had my Quilt Shop, customers would come in looking for fabric, anything but purple as a rule. They always said it bled too much, too hard to match etc, etc. Well, Purple just happens to be my most absolutely favorite colour. I desiginated one section just to purple, probably 110 bolts of different purples. Anyway, I ramble, now with no shop of my own, I am having the same problem...hardly any purple to be bought. I would love to see atleast one fabric line that was mainly purple and did not involve pansies.

SuziC 10-07-2010 02:44 AM

I never noticed this. I will have to check it out.

Darlene 10-07-2010 02:49 AM

I didn't realize this either. I will look at Joann's when I go again.

Dagny 10-07-2010 02:54 AM

If you think there's a shortage of purple, try looking for orange.

Rebecca VLQ 10-07-2010 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dagny
If you think there's a shortage of purple, try looking for orange.

LOL! :D

I'm one that doesn't look for purple AT ALL. I think I've got 1/2 yard of it. But orange? Hook me up with some orange any day! :D