Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's in a name (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-name-t152537.html)

Crabby Patty 09-12-2011 07:34 PM

I have been noticing more and more Pats on the board. Just out of curiosity how many Pats are out there? I am 1. Thanks Patti :wink:

BETTY62 09-12-2011 07:44 PM

Pat, I love your fur baby.

Ramona Byrd 09-12-2011 07:54 PM

Me..I chose it as a small child. I was born and named after a sister of Dad and one of Mom's, neither of whom I cared much about. But even living in the hills with no running water, no electricity, no indoor bathroom, etc, I still dreamed of a big Victorian house in a greener land and told them I lived somewhere else and my name was Patty O'Brian. I refused to answer to anything else till I met school teachers, all of whom were more stubborn than I could be at that age, but family called me Patty or Paddy.

I write under the name of my late sister Ramona, one nice way to always remember my favorite sis.

Crabby Patty 09-12-2011 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Me..I chose it as a small child. I was born and named after a sister of Dad and one of Mom's, neither of whom I cared much about. But even living in the hills with no running water, no electricity, no indoor bathroom, etc, I still dreamed of a big Victorian house in a greener land and told them I lived somewhere else and my name was Patty O'Brian. I refused to answer to anything else till I met school teachers, all of whom were more stubborn than I could be at that age, but family called me Patty or Paddy.

I write under the name of my late sister Ramona, one nice way to always remember my favorite sis.

I love the reason for your psudonym (sp). Sadly I only had one sibling. A brother, who has long passed at 44 yrs. of age. Those teachers can really be something can't they?LOL

CompulsiveQuilter 09-13-2011 12:16 AM

Another Patty here ... East Tennessee

Born2Sew 09-13-2011 02:26 AM

My name isn't Pat, but I had an aunt that ended up being "Pat" or "Patsy". Her name was actually Francis. She had a habit of sucking her thumb. When she started school, the teacher asked her what her name was. With her thumb proudly in her mouth, she said "Francis". The teacher thought she said "Patsy". So, from that time on she was Patsy, until the day she passed from this world...

Patty Patches 09-13-2011 04:11 AM

Another Patty here..My name is Patricia,my dgm could;t say it so she called me Patty the rest of my family called me Tricia.So I answer to just about anything.lol

cabbagepatchkid 09-13-2011 04:14 AM

Well, my name is not Pat but I have an old friend who I have always known as Pat. Her given name is actually Alice.

Born2Sew 09-13-2011 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Born2Sew
My name isn't Pat, but I had an aunt that ended up being "Pat" or "Patsy". Her name was actually Francis. She had a habit of sucking her thumb. When she started school, the teacher asked her what her name was. With her thumb proudly in her mouth, she said "Francis". The teacher thought she said "Patsy". So, from that time on she was Patsy, until the day she passed from this world...

By the way, she was a quilter too!

pattypurple 09-13-2011 04:37 PM

Another Pat from Western NY. Also noticed lots of nurses are quilters, guilty of that also