Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's on your 2014 to-make list? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-your-2014-make-list-t238014.html)

WTxRed 01-03-2014 08:22 AM

What's on your 2014 to-make list?

Do you have a list of quilt's you'd like to make in 2014?
I try to write them down which in some fashion makes me feel a further commitment to them (not to mention a gentle reminder!)
These are mine - and I know there are some that will pop up that I've not planned for but here's the one's I know of, not necessarily in this order either lol :

1. Dinosaur Stomp Chomp & Roar (for GS and his move to a big bed)
2. Bali Wedding Star - everything's purchased!
3. Seminole Sampler
4. Carpenter's Star
5. Carpenter's Square
6. Another J.Michelle Watts quilt (haven't fully decided on which yet)
7. Spanish Tiles
8. I have 2 wallhangings to get done (applique)

What's on your list?

merry 01-03-2014 08:54 AM

Have purchased the fabric for a twist & turn bargello bed quilt. Need to make some table runners & toppers and really want to do a Tennessee Waltz this year.

cjsews 01-03-2014 08:55 AM

My goal is to finish UFOs and use up fabric on hand. I have enough to do some great charity quillts. Let's see if my plan works. It did not go too well last year. This board did not help me stay on my list. Too many new quilts to try out.

Rodney 01-03-2014 09:03 AM

I signed on for the 2014 Quilts for Quilters swap. I'm just waiting to see who my partner will be and what quilt my recipient wants before I can start. I'm currently working on a queensized quilt for our bed and I'll be starting a flannel quilt for our spare bedroom. After that, I'm not sure. I do have enough to keep me busy at the moment though.
Rodney

Dolphyngyrl 01-03-2014 09:12 AM

finish up lovers knot, work on my quilt from starr fabrics, soon as I find a vendor for the rest of my BOM , and a couple embroidery projects

justflyingin 01-03-2014 12:37 PM

I have the following "musts"

1. wedding quilt for DD #1 - Trip around the world--top made, am doing a QR code on the back as a special message to them--have yet to do the back side Colors: browns, reds, Warm colors.
2. wedding quilt for DS #2 - new DIL wants a Robbing Peter to Pay Paul-- purples/blues
3. quilt for my sister who wants me to make one for a door prize at a camp--ladies' retreat. (she said she'd pay me).--this one is currently a WIP in brights.

Things I want to try this year:
1. A bargello- have the pattern picked out, but not the fabrics
2. A 3 D type quilt/cubed or something similar--someone years ago worked up a Rubiks Cube quilt for me to try and sent it to me--maybe I'll tackle it--if not, something similar--maybe easier since I've not done something like that before.

On my "bucket" list but not sure if I'll make it this year:
1. jar quilt with bugs
2. bookcase quilt

MadQuilter 01-03-2014 12:38 PM

I have a pile of UFO tops that need quilting. Some of these MUST be completed before I can make something new. ALthough - - - I just remembered that I did sign up for a wall hanging swap.

One of my highlights: I am going to the Ricky Tims seminar in Modesto in February. I am super excited.

grammysharon 01-03-2014 12:54 PM

1. Finish a quilt that I am making that I hate the fabrics, I have been working on it for 3 years!!!
2. Finish two UFO's, layer and quilt them.
3. Finish a Judy Neimeyer WIP, 2 years old.
4. Make a bargello quilt.
5. If I get all of these other quilts done, I want to make quilts or wallhangings from all the patterns I have never used!! This will keep me busy for 20 years probably!!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!! Sharon

Kooklabell 01-03-2014 12:58 PM

1. Finish quilt for my sister
2. Make "Four Crazy Neighbors" quilt for my neighbor
3. quilt the Irish Chain quilt top I bought
4. Make a postage stamp quilt
5. Make a Loon quilt I bought the material and pattern for 4 years ago!

Ok, that's the wish list. If I get through #1 and 2 I'll be happy :)

WTxRed 01-03-2014 01:40 PM

I love reading what everyone has in store for their projects! Good luck to each of you on accomplishing these!