Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's on your design wall? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-your-design-wall-t252462.html)

jclinganrey 08-25-2014 09:00 AM

What's on your design wall?

1 Attachment(s)
I find so much inspiration and so many ideas from this board and from seeing others' work so I thought I'd share what I have on my design wall and encourage others to do the same.

Here's what I'm working on at the moment. I drafted the block after seeing the quilts online. It's 'Vanilla & Blooms'. Really cool idea - - -

Jane

tessagin 08-25-2014 09:08 AM

I have nothing on my design wall at the moment. I don't have it up, it's folded away. But working on yo yo and repairing a baby quilt. How rude of me. I really like your quilt. Photos when finished please!

jcrow 08-25-2014 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made the 2013 Craftsy BOM and Amy Gibson's BOM and part of it is still hanging on my design wall.

ghostrider 08-25-2014 10:08 AM

Oooh, I like that a lot, Jane! Great colors and nice modern pattern.

Nothing on my design wall at the moment, but after spending a very full day last week at The World Quilt Show - New England, the inspiration sector of my brain is in overdrive!

Jim's Gem 08-25-2014 10:20 AM

I need a design wall! But I am currently (yes currently) working on cutting out a large lap with sunflowers for a wedding gift, I have 1 baby gift that I quilted last week that needs hand sewing of binding, 2 more large laps also quilted last week for wedding gifts, and another large lap size that is for a fund raiser auction that all just need the hand sewing of the binding and then labels.

Doggramma 08-25-2014 10:30 AM

I have a black and white Christmas quilt up there, with a gray/multicolored baby quilt waiting to go up.

Billi 08-25-2014 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great idea Jane
Currently my design wall is almost as chaotic as my sewing room.
The top is I baby quilt I'm helping my daughter with for her boyfriend's niece. The bottom is blocks for my holiday block swap. I swear I didn't cut the stars up its bad photography on my part. . and the far right is a quilt for my niece that I have put aside to work on other projects that I really need to get back too.

Boston1954 08-25-2014 11:09 AM

I do not actually have a design wall, unless I count the one in my head. :-) However, I am currently working on a fall wall hanging. Just finished the top this very afternoon. Can't wait to show it to you.

KalamaQuilts 08-25-2014 11:12 AM

The panel I'm using as the focus fabric for my La Passacaglia quilt. I'm just waiting for the paper pieces to come to get started. Can't wait!

citruscountyquilter 08-25-2014 11:36 AM

I have a completed quit top waiting to be sandwiched which I will do after I get a few small projects done for my granddaughter's birthday next week. It seemed like a good place to store it and I get the added benefit of looking at it. I really like it and it is for a Christmas gift so this is the only time I will really see it much. Couldn't quilt without my design wall...well, I could but it wouldn't be nearly as easy or as fun.