Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's your quilty resolutions for 2012? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-your-quilty-resolutions-2012-a-t173998.html)

SuzyQ 01-01-2012 08:51 AM

What's your quilty resolutions for 2012?

Mine are to 1 - keep up with my BOM/BOW projects (probably NOT gonna happen though); 2 - practice, practice, practice FMQ; 3 - try different applique techniques; 4 - find creative ways to use felted wool; 5 - find time every day to do something quilty, even if only for a few minutes. What's everyone else's quilty goals???

Suzy

Wanabee Quiltin 01-01-2012 09:00 AM

I want to quilt every day, if only for a few minutes. I want to learn how to use my Janome mid-arm. I want to finish quilting all my tops that are waiting to be quilted on the Janome. I want to be better at FMQ.

mighty 01-01-2012 09:52 AM

Keep up with everything, House work ect. and quilt, quilt, quilt.

Gramie bj 01-01-2012 09:54 AM

Well not buy fabric unless I need it for a WIP or UFO, finish up my WIP and UFO's try to get more cabnets in my sewing- craft area. Learn to make feathers on my Lizzie! Have been trying for a year and still can't get them right. I think thats enough of a challenge for me! LOL

Karenowc 01-01-2012 09:58 AM

I'm pretty good in the finding time to sew department. I do want to finish up UFO's and not start anything new, unless it's needed for a gift. And speaking of gifts, I made so many this year I want to finish up stuff I already have.
Next goal would be to organize my house and studio.

michelled 01-01-2012 09:59 AM

1. make a queen-size quilt for our bed
2. get rid of some fabric that I know I will never use (anyone remember 'stretch and sew' ?? LOL)
3. make a quilt for DD either for their bed or for their living room naps on the couch
4. make a wallhanging that might be even remotely as gorgeous as the ones my friend makes
5. finish organizing my sewing room (maybe this one should be first!)

Marni 01-01-2012 10:02 AM

I hope to quilt everyday, reduce my stash, and do at least 3 Judy Niemeyer quilts in queen size.

MadQuilter 01-01-2012 10:42 AM

I just want to FINISH some UFOs. My list of quilt obligations is long and even though these are people I really like, having the unfinished project on the list still weighs heavily on me. So TIME TO SUCK IT UP, STOP WASTING TIME, AND GET TO GETTIN'!

catlinye_maker 01-01-2012 10:46 AM

I vow to post to Judy Laquidara's Design Wall Mondays at least 40 times this year, as I work through the projects I have in mind for the year. It's a great way to make progress, since I only post when there's something new to report!

carolaug 01-01-2012 10:49 AM

I blew mine aleady...just came back from the LQS - they had Bali fat qtrs for 1.00 - i was good and only went to that display...all fat qtrs in the store were on sale. - and broke my 50.00 limit...I spent 54.00 - but I did get an awesome deal!