Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   When do YOU call it quits?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/when-do-you-call-quits-t208848.html)

LoupEsprit 12-19-2012 09:27 PM

When do YOU call it quits??

So I realized that my bobbin ran out... 9 out of 12 quilt pieces ago!!

So I meticulously re-pinned them, took a time-out to eat dinner, and re-sewed them. Only to realize, that I NEVER REFILLED THE BOBBIN!!!!

I think it's time for bed...

quiltingcandy 12-19-2012 09:33 PM

It took me a while to realize I need to stop sewing after 9 pm. I may not go to bed until midnight but I was making too many errors after 9, so finally decided to accept it as fact and stop before that time or not start sewing if I was antsy. I could get a project ready to go for the next morning but stop short of sewing.

hopetoquilt 12-20-2012 02:55 AM

I stop as soon as it is no longer fun. Quilting is my hobby. I don't put pressure on myself to do anything or finish anything. I am also a morning peron... So I rarely quilt at night.

Nilla 12-20-2012 03:01 AM

I over-quilt sometimes. I make mini goals for myself, then just have to reach them even if I'm tired or my eyes are strained. I keep reminding myself that this is for fun and I don't have a time line, but I push myself anyway. Go figure.

NanaCindyLou 12-20-2012 03:41 AM

I NEVER REFILLED THE BOBBIN!!!!
LOL - I am not laughing at you, I am laughing with you....I did almost this exact (exact!) same thing on Tuesday night....:o

ArtsyOne 12-20-2012 03:41 AM

I stop when the errors start piling up and I'm spending more time unsewing than sewing.

sandy l 12-20-2012 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne (Post 5730596)
I stop when the errors start piling up and I'm spending more time unsewing than sewing.

Same here:)

Sandygirl 12-20-2012 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne (Post 5730596)

Yep!! Stop sewing.
Sandy

pumpkinpatchquilter 12-20-2012 04:44 AM

Hahahaha - oh you poor thing. It was definitely time for bed. Or a break at least. ;) Maybe try keeping some pre-filled bobbins around. Sometimes if I know that I'm going to likely use a couple I'll fill two instead of just one, so it's there.

Good luck! ;)

JulieR 12-20-2012 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit (Post 5730451)
So I realized that my bobbin ran out... 9 out of 12 quilt pieces ago!!

So I meticulously re-pinned them, took a time-out to eat dinner, and re-sewed them. Only to realize, that I NEVER REFILLED THE BOBBIN!!!!

I think it's time for bed...

Oh no! Yep, time to walk away. My latest and greatest was two pieces of batting that it took THREE TRIES to join together so it would be the right size for a baby quilt (first joining it end to end, then one side was flipped over), followed by THREE TRIES at the backing -- that one I cut wrong to begin with and then sewed it wrong.

Let's just not even talk about the binding.

I hope you slept well! :)