Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where do you sew and quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-do-you-sew-quilt-t37044.html)

craftybear 02-16-2010 12:34 AM

This will be cool to find our where you sew and quilt at?

Monday night I learned how to paper piece so I brought my sewing machine in the family room on the sewing table in there, had to move hubby's recliner chair, so he sat on my recliner chair. I used 2 tv trays one for my pressing and the other one for my small cutting mat since I was paper piecing. I have a sewing room on the other end of house but no tv, no pc. ha ha

This summer I will be using the sun porch but we don't heat it in the winter time.

Okay who is next?

Karen "Craftybear" Indiana, USA (* Beginner Quilter)

patricej 02-16-2010 01:17 AM

i turned my dining area into a work space.

it's in desperate need or reorganizing and sprucing up. the way it is now, there's no way i could invite anybody to dine on anything but fabric! :lol:

farscapegal 02-16-2010 02:32 AM

Like PatriceJ I turned my dining room into a sewing room. When my son moved out I turned his room into a sewing room. I make all of my quilts in his room and all my other sewing I do in the dining room.

Sybil

quazyquilter 02-16-2010 03:29 AM

Most of the time, I sew in my sewing room. But, when I have hand work to do or I am drawing up a new design, I sit on couch in the living room.

lisalovesquilting 02-16-2010 03:39 AM

When both of my sons moved out I took over a bedroom for my sewing room. If I'm up in the night I might bring my small machine to the kitchen table so I won't wake DH. Hand work I do in the living room.

Deecee 02-16-2010 03:47 AM

Once my son married and moved out I took over his bedroom for my sewing room. Of an evening I do hand sewing in the loungeroom watching TV with DH.

mpspeedy 02-16-2010 03:56 AM

When my daughter got married and purchased her own home I knew for sure she would not be returning home. I made her former bedroom over into my sewing room. I have a small station set up there for cutting or ironing on the top of an old dresser. That room holds three machines, my sewing, embroidery and serger. It is also where we have our computer set up and I also have a 19inch TV in that room. My major storage, cutting and ironing area are in my basement. I also use the ping pong table in the basement to layout and or baste bedsize quilts. I have round floor hoops both in my ground floor TV room and my basement family room. Which ever room we are watching TV in at the time is where I do my big handquilting. For smaller projects I use a lap frame that I can carry where ever.

marsye 02-16-2010 04:01 AM

We enclosed our garage, added paneling, carpet, bathroom, etc. Its all mine! :thumbup:

Pam B 02-16-2010 04:03 AM

I used to sew in the dining room and, actually, I am finding that now that I have my own sewing room (taken over when my son moved out after college), I miss sewing in my dining room. While it is nice to be able to leave projects out, I miss being downstairs where the 'action' is. Plus, in my dining room I have a huge window...gotta love that natural lighting! When I am doing handwork, I do it in the family room.

tlrnhi 02-16-2010 04:13 AM

I started in the dining room. Then once the oldest left, her room became mine and since we always have a 3 bedroom where ever we go, I'll always have a room for me.