Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where to purchase (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-purchase-t200597.html)

Sewhappytoquilt 09-16-2012 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have that same model, and the regular foot that came with it is 1/4", however, if you need to, you can use the numbered wheel on the right on top of the machine in order to adjust the needle position for a scant 1/4" or a generous 1/4". Have you tried that?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]363134[/ATTACH]

Quilty-Louise 09-16-2012 12:19 PM

I purchased one from Amazon several months ago for .97 (less than 1 dollar).
Didnt NEED the foot as I already have one for each of my machines.

If you would like I will send this to you at no charge. Just pm your address
to me ( I can be trusted as I have the addresses for MANY (over 50) people
from this board.

Originally Posted by ocydroma (Post 5517374)
Where is a good place to purchase a 1/4"foot. I have a brother XL3750. I know I can get one from Brother, but they are so expensive. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be grateful!

ocydroma 09-16-2012 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sewhappytoquilt (Post 5518784)
I have that same model, and the regular foot that came with it is 1/4", however, if you need to, you can use the numbered wheel on the right on top of the machine in order to adjust the needle position for a scant 1/4" or a generous 1/4". Have you tried that?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]363134[/ATTACH]

Thanks for that information! I am still waiting for my machine to get here. UPS tracking says I should get it Wednesday.

Sewhappytoquilt 09-17-2012 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by ocydroma (Post 5520114)
Thanks for that information! I am still waiting for my machine to get here. UPS tracking says I should get it Wednesday.

I absolutely LOVE my little Brother XL-3750, so much so, that I got one just like it in FL!. It even comes with a walking foot and embroidery foot to use for free motion quilting! The "throat" area is small, so I do a lot of Quilt-as-you-go methods. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Yarn or Fabric 09-17-2012 08:14 AM

I have to add that there are different kinds of 1/4" feet. A friend of mine bought one that reminded me of a zipper foot. Mine has a guide on the side and I love it. She returned the zipper foot looking one after using mine and she got the kind like mine. I want to say that she got it from Walmart or Hancocks or Joanns... Mine came with my machine ;)

Deborahlees 09-17-2012 08:58 AM

I also have a foot with a guide on the right edge, however mine got caught on something and got sprung out of shape and I ended up sewing a 3/8" seam instead of a 1/4"....so may I just recommend you keep an eye on that guide.....I went back to my simple 1/4" foot.....

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric (Post 5521140)
I have to add that there are different kinds of 1/4" feet. A friend of mine bought one that reminded me of a zipper foot. Mine has a guide on the side and I love it. She returned the zipper foot looking one after using mine and she got the kind like mine. I want to say that she got it from Walmart or Hancocks or Joanns... Mine came with my machine ;)