Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where to put personalized label? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-put-personalized-label-t77758.html)

kaykid815 11-21-2010 08:43 AM

I've finally finished a quilt for my daughter, and would like to put a label on it somewhere with my name, date, etc. Should this go on the front or the back of the finished quilt? Also looking for cute ideas for the label itself, rather than just a permanent pen... any ideas?

amma 11-21-2010 08:45 AM

You can print out really cute ones on your computer.
Most people put in on the back of the quilt, lower right or left corner :D:D:D

pheasantduster 11-21-2010 08:46 AM

I have embroidered name,date on the back corner of my quilts. You can choose a font and then print and trace lines on quilt.

SuziC 11-21-2010 10:58 AM

I always label my quilts on the back in the corner :lol:

CoyoteQuilts 11-21-2010 12:24 PM

I have embroidered the information on the front of some of my quilts--no label, just in a block or along the sashing. Others I have embroidered on the back or printed out the information on photo fabric then used double sided iron on stuff (I hate it when I can't remember the name of things I use all the time!) then either quilt it or edge sew it.

It just depends on what the quilt tells me to do! :roll:

grocifer 11-21-2010 02:16 PM

How do you do the labels on the computer? I had a label picked out that I wanted to write the information and had a dickens of a time getting it done. I finally got the words put on the label but don't ask me how --

littlehud 11-21-2010 09:25 PM

You can put it anywhere you want. I like the lower right hand corner on the back.

craftyone27 11-21-2010 09:43 PM

The latest Quiltmaker magazine has an article about making labels for your quilts. Maybe you could get some good info there - I found helpful hints that hadn't occurred to me. Good luck!!

KyKaren1949 11-22-2010 04:13 AM

I just bought a book of quilt labels at Hancock's that you simple iron onto fabric. Then you can get fabric crayons to color the design, or use a permanent Pigma pen to outline the design, add your information then just sew on. I love them.

Shelbie 11-22-2010 05:16 AM

If computer labels are giving you problems, buy a pre-printed label fabric panel. The last one I bought was less than a metre wide, had 34 labels and was $7.98 at my LQS. I then take lightweight stabilizer (sold for under embroidery designs) stitch it on the front of the label, 1/4" around, slit the stabilizer, flip it inside out and voila! the label has all the pesky little edges encased. No need to stitch the slit shut as it won't show. Write on the label using a pigma pen, iron to set the ink and attach it to your quilt by hand or machine. I usually put it on the front in the bottom right hand corner. I figure artists sign their masterpieces on the front and I'm signing my quilt masterpieces there too!