Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where is the variegated thread for hand quilting?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-variegated-thread-hand-quilting-t75148.html)

IT_Nana 11-08-2010 02:24 PM

After finally getting my queen size quilt in the frame, I realized I didn't have enough of the variegated thread I plan to use for hand quilting it. I have been out searching all afternoon without success! I checked Hancocks, Joann, Hobby Lobby and two quilt shops with no luck. I wonder if Coats and Clark's has stopped using it. I'm so disappointed! I'm not sure what to do now.

rismstress 11-08-2010 02:33 PM

I got some YLI handquilting varigated thread through Keepsake Quilting. You can probably find it online at their website. I did a huge quilt that way.
Nice thread.
Cheryl

greensleeves 11-08-2010 02:45 PM

Hobby Lobby did carry the variegated hand quilting thread so if they don't have it now it has been a recent change.

tmw 11-08-2010 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by IT_Nana
After finally getting my queen size quilt in the frame, I realized I didn't have enough of the variegated thread I plan to use for hand quilting it. I have been out searching all afternoon without success! I checked Hancocks, Joann, Hobby Lobby and two quilt shops with no luck. I wonder if Coats and Clark's has stopped using it. I'm so disappointed! I'm not sure what to do now.

i have a keepsakeQuilter [its called a newsletter, and they have the thread you want on page62. i could give you their phone number if you want, can i pm you or can i do it on here.

IT_Nana 11-08-2010 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by tmw

i have a keepsakeQuilter [its called a newsletter, and they have the thread you want on page62. i could give you their phone number if you want, can i pm you or can i do it on here.

Either way is fine. Thank you!

tmw 11-08-2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by tmw

Either way is fine. Thank you!

i already pm-m you.

sewgull 11-08-2010 06:17 PM

I have a spool of Coat's and Clark varigated, let me know what color # it is. If yhou are interested.

IT_Nana 11-08-2010 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by sewgull
I have a spool of Coat's and Clark varigated, let me know what color # it is. If yhou are interested.

I intended to use the Multicolor T33, but could use Multicolor T17 as well. I have partial spools of each.