Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who else has two sets of notions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-else-has-two-sets-notions-t178261.html)

DonnaR 02-05-2012 01:45 PM

Who else has two sets of notions?

I have 2 sets of notions. One set to use at home and the other set I keep packed in my sewing machine travel bag. I used to pack them when I went somewhere but I always forgot items. After borrowing several times I decided to buy a second set of notions. My notions include: regular notions, rulers, iron, scissors, cutting mats and other things. How many of you have a duplicate set of notions for taking with you to classes, retreats and sewing with friends?

Lori S 02-05-2012 01:48 PM

I have more than two sets just for my sewing room!! Too many time I have lost a small ruler , pincushion , sissors etc ... so I have way more than two sets of notions( the ones I use the most). I only hope I can find the one I need at that moment I need it.

loves_2_quilt 02-05-2012 01:55 PM

I have duplicates of some things that I take to my father-in-law's so I can mend this things. I don't have extra rulers and such since I don't get to go to classes very often.

Stitchnripper 02-05-2012 01:56 PM

I have lots of duplicates. Usually because I forget what I have. the duplicates come in handy for classes, travel, or when I can't find something which happens all too often.

virtualbernie 02-05-2012 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 4945718)
I have more than two sets just for my sewing room!! Too many time I have lost a small ruler , pincushion , sissors etc ... so I have way more than two sets of notions( the ones I use the most). I only hope I can find the one I need at that moment I need it.

That would be me too!

nhweaver 02-05-2012 02:47 PM

I don't go much to classes, but I do have duplicates as I hand quilt down stairs and machine quilt upstairs. I hope to brave enough to go to a weekend retreat quilt class, but it seems that I heard that everyone has a friend with them. I have lots of little scizzors and knippers, thimbles, rippers, and cutting boards.

Gramie bj 02-05-2012 02:58 PM

I also have more than one set of notions. I keep them seprate in sewing boxes, or baskets, so when I want to take a project someplace or just go to the living room to work on something while watching T.V. I have everything on hand. I do not duplicate my special rulers but do have some small ones like the 6 inch, I have a box each for embroidrey, applique, english paper piecing, crochet, general mending and sewing, 2 boxes for embellishments ( 1 is just for all the beads, an speciality items), and my class supplies that always stay in my case. Then there is my everyday quilting notions, each box also contains pins needles pincushion ect. things that are not special to the project but needed. Over the years I have slowly made these boxes so the expence has been spread out over time, it is sure nice to decide to do some applique and just pick up the fabric and one sewing basket and have everything I need instead of having to dig into my class box or run all over my sewing area to gather everything up before I can start. Oh Ya! these are good size boxes, I can store my project in with the supplies if needed.

Drue 02-05-2012 03:14 PM

I think I have duplicates of some and triplicates of some and quads of some and quilnts of some ...shall I go on? Invariably though, I will need then or my neighbor will need something or another friend will....life is good when you have sewing/quilting buddies who know they can call you in a time of "need"! This even includes fabric....my DH thinks I could be competitive with Hancocks! LOL,LOL

Pam B 02-05-2012 04:11 PM

I have duplicates of most of my notions (it helps that I acquired all my late MILs sewing things when she passed). I have a complete set of notions at each of my machine cabinets upstairs in my sewing room and another set of items in a basket downstairs. I have a notebook like thing at one of my machines and when I go to a class, all I have to do is close it and put it in my bag.

Painiacs 02-05-2012 04:13 PM

I have duplicates just so they are all over the house!!!