Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who has the most UFO'S (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-has-most-ufos-t53856.html)

SuziC 07-11-2010 04:28 AM

I have a thought this morning looking at all my "to finish" projects and wondered just how many UFO'S there are out there!
Would any of you dare to say how many you have waiting for you? I have 6 as of today. Who has the most?????

katier825 07-11-2010 04:47 AM

I plead the 5th! LOL

Seriously, I don't like to call them UFOs. I guess it's a mental thing, I feel better calling them WIPs. I've been really good about finishing up the unfinished ones lately. I'm down to:
2 - just need binding (one was an old project, one new)
2 - need borders, sandwiching, quilting (one I don't like, hence the hesitation; the other is for me and I put aside to work on gifts)
2 - tops need sandwiching, quilting (one I just completed, the other I need more FMQ practice to finish as I'd like to)
1 - just needs quilting (when (if) I ever decide on a quilting pattern)

quiltwoman 07-11-2010 04:50 AM

I have a sheet from a legal pad full of them--I had to have some way to keep track of everything. :oops:

Several just need to be bound and many I still need just that "right" piece of fabric to continue.

Did I mention I have one in my purse, one in my car, and one in my lunchbox?? Never know when I have a few minutes here and there :lol:

marsye 07-11-2010 04:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would say probably people that live in the desert, I saw weird things when I lived in El Paso. :wink: :lol:

donnajean 07-11-2010 04:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I no longer have any UFO's, but a certainly have a number of "to do" projects. I have the Picee O'Cake "A Walk in the Mountains" BOM waiting for me to get started. I inherited this one in 2001 when my sister lost her battle with colon cancer.

Originally Posted by SuziC
I have a thought this morning looking at all my "to finish" projects and wondered just how many UFO'S there are out there!
Would any of you dare to say how many you have waiting for you? I have 6 as of today. Who has the most?????

A Walk in The Mountains
[ATTACH=CONFIG]78899[/ATTACH]

oldswimmer 07-11-2010 05:12 AM

I have four! HOw do you classify the kits that are waiting to be put together????? I have probably 4 more of those.

LeslieSkelly 07-11-2010 05:34 AM

I have too many to count! Some day soon I will get into my sewing room to remedy that! :-)

ranger 07-11-2010 05:44 AM

I have no UFOs but 7 WIPs(works in progress). My list of 'try-this' is well into the hundreds. LOL.

eightylady 07-11-2010 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by LeslieSkelly
I have too many to count! Some day soon I will get into my sewing room to remedy that! :-)

As you tell us the number of UFOs/WIPs, I wd like to know why...did u get a request for something wanted by a certain date, get an idea suddenly from this bd./mag and want to start on it right away? I wonder if anyone simply gets bored with one and starts another that interests them, as I do...

Lockeb 07-11-2010 07:11 AM

I'm afraid to even start a list......there's so many I would surely not even remember them all :-) I just love trying different projects and will many times start another and have several going at the same time........and let's not forget quilts awaiting binding..:-)....Today is going to be a productive day though - I do need to start 'ANOTHER' project...a Snowman quilt - it will be a Christmas gift for my sister..want to do this one because I am so anxious to see it done - I love fabric and can't get enough to play with at the same time!