Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   who stole my binding! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-stole-my-binding-t152877.html)

Vanuatu Jill 09-14-2011 09:44 AM

I am so frustrated. Cut out my binding while cutting my Uncle Bob's quilt out months ago-tucked it safely inside the magazine that had the pattern. Went to Vanuatu, and cleaned up my "area" in March, came back and just finished hand-quilting the quilt. So, I go to get the binding, and it and the magazine are no where to be found! I know it took me too long to finish this thing, but do you suppose it got tired of waiting and went looking for another quilter???? I spent over an hour looking (and my sewing area isn't that big!), and just can't find it. I now have to cut more, and I know as soon as I do, it will show up! I am SO frustrated!!

ScrappyAZ 09-14-2011 09:46 AM

It must be hanging out with my green fabric that went missing a couple of months ago. Cleaned out my entire fabric stash, and it's nowhere to be found!

mpspeedy 09-14-2011 09:51 AM

Sounds like a familiar song in my home. I am currently working on a chairity project making pillowcase dresses for our church to donate. I couldn't find my "regular" sewing thread. I found dozens of spools of serger thread, boxes of embroidery thread and even drawers full of machine quilting thread, no sewing thread. I finally decided to use the serger thread. The next day I just happened to walk by my thread cabinet hanging on the wall in my sewing room which I had completely forgotten about. I am still searching for a box of assorted elastic I needed for the same project. Thread found, had to purchase more elastic. I have a rare autoimmune disease that is supposed to be in remission. It or something seems to have stolen my brain. If I am this bad at 61 I had better get all of my quilts finished this year.

snipforfun 09-14-2011 09:52 AM

It is probably with all the lost socks!

purplemem 09-14-2011 10:07 AM

It is with my lost RWB binding I need for my soldier quilt. And it is next to my brown batiks I can't find...

Vanuatu Jill 09-14-2011 10:19 AM

Ya think maybe they are forming a union and going on strike???

Kitsie 09-14-2011 10:27 AM

Its wrapped around my denture!

bluteddi 09-14-2011 10:28 AM

yep, same story with some copper leafing / adhesive, that I distinctly remember putting in the drawer until the wall hanging was ready to be copperleafed... POOF .... gone...

Tropical 09-14-2011 10:55 AM

I have had this problem so many times. I feel for you. One day my DH asked me why I was tearing the house apart, again. When I told him, he generously told me to use the top main drawer in his desk to keep the important things I need to be able to find in a moments notice. Since then, I know right where to find my magizine and any other small items for the quilts I have in progress. I just have to remember to put them away there. There is always a catch. :)

carhop 09-14-2011 03:09 PM

I have a pair of jeans that the button came off I bought some every time I have went to put it on I can't find the button or the jeans the worst thing is this has been going on for years