Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who took my stuff? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-took-my-stuff-t211929.html)

PaperPrincess 01-25-2013 06:44 AM

I cannot sew without a stiletto in my hand. It's tied to my machine with a piece of twine. Really classy looking. I have a pair of scissors bungee corded to my accucut. By the PC, we have a largish container for pencils etc. It also has a pair of scissors attached with a cord, and a stapler, likewise attached. My keys are on a long leash on my purse (which also acts as a key fob) I don't unclip them when I drive, just use them attached with the long cord. My head is likewise attached!

skowron5 01-25-2013 06:48 AM

I am on my second pair of quilters gloves. My room is small. Pretty scary that I have that much stuff I can't find things. I will probably only have time during spring cleaning to do my sewing room it is so bad.

DOTTYMO 01-25-2013 06:51 AM

The borrowers always seen to take my pins. Applique pins, curved pins, flower head pins glass pins. I am always buying more pins. Problem is I never find the missing ones. .
I haven't lost my head so far, keys, money purse, rotary cutter, mat always go walk about.

mighty 01-25-2013 07:41 AM

Sure hope they are found!

LynnVT 01-25-2013 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 5812186)
The borrowers always seen to take my pins. Applique pins, curved pins, flower head pins glass pins. I am always buying more pins. Problem is I never find the missing ones. .
I haven't lost my head so far, keys, money purse, rotary cutter, mat always go walk about.

That's so funny, I was also going to say the Borrowers in your house must be really active. Full size scissors must be hard for them to handle, but the snips might be just right. When we put in a new kitchen in our 200 year old house, a kid glove, a toddler's hand stitched dress and a little boy's sailor top came out of a wall. We knew mice pulled things into holes, but these were a real surprise. I'm sure someone went crazy trying to find them, I'd say about 60 or 70 years ago. Buy new tools, then the old ones will probably turn up, though.

Tink's Mom 01-25-2013 07:56 AM

Check with the dog or cat....they thought you were spending too much time with your quilting and decided to hide your toys...

Jim 01-25-2013 08:08 AM

I have two really nice pair of snips...I always kept one under lock and key in my toolbox...because it locks...another in my desk drawer safe away from my grands...they both disappeared...I bought another pair so maybe the other two pair will show up...lol

#1piecemaker 01-25-2013 08:12 AM

Same thing is constantly going on at my house. I think it is all of the dust bunnies!! They are taking over!! I guess now then they are learning to sew! Either that or it is the spiders trying to build more intricate webs. Oh, well, everyone has to rest every now and then. they will do the same thing and set them down when they need a break. That is when you will find them!!! Good luck!

sylviak 01-25-2013 08:18 AM

My stuff is usually in plain sight, I just can't find it because of all the other stuff that's in plain sight! When it really gets bad, it's on the "bottom" of some stack. It's worst when you can't find ANY of the multiples you have of an item....time to clean up!

luvTooQuilt 01-25-2013 08:29 AM

hahahhah This is a a great thread. You all are soo funny...

I too have a doz rippers, a doz scissors, five magnet dishes with with pins and yet when i need them I cant find them.. Go figure!