Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who's Up For Another UFO Challenge? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whos-up-another-ufo-challenge-t24834.html)

Boston1954 08-30-2009 01:54 PM

Some of you may remember in the middle of September of last year when I suggested that we pick one of our unfinished objects and set a goal of getting it completed by New Year's Eve. Well, I have been thinking that it might be fun to do that again.

I have a Christmas one that is pinned and ready to hand quilt. I also have a number of others that are in various stages of not-done-yet.

We have an extra two weeks this time around. Anyone want to join me?

bebe 08-30-2009 02:25 PM

Okay I will join you I only have 25 or so to finish :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
What is the deadline to finish them all :?: :?: :?: :shock: :shock:
I have compled 3 or the 25 so I am down to 23 Wow wow wow :!: :!: :!:

Mine are in different stages where to begin :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll:

I am working on my 4th UFO now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim's Gem 08-30-2009 02:27 PM

Yes!!! I have 4 I want to finish before the first of November. I'm hoping I can actually get 6 done, it would put a nice dent in my UFO's. I am having shoulder surgery the beginning of November so will not be able to sew for a couple of months again. I have to work work work to get these done!! Of course all these UFO are tops, I will have to tackle the others some other day.
Do we need to list them. Hmmm then we may actually be accountable if someone on here remembers to ask us if we have finished them.

1. Devoted, oversized queen for my bed, still need borders, 2 years old
2. Johnny-Jump-Ups, wall hanging, ummm 6 years needs backing and quilting
3. Radio Flyer, double size, needs quilting, 2 years old
4. The Journey Home, double size, needs quilting, 9 mos old
5. (forgot the name) Floral (hmm most are) large lap, needs quilting, 3 years old
6. Pillows for DD#3, needs quilting and made into pillows, 4 years old.

This is not counting the two WIP's, one I am giving on the 19th of September and a wedding gift that I picked out the fabrics last night needed October 10.

Ok, that's enough. I still have 3 others hanging on my "quilt Hanger" (treadmill)

lyndawn 08-30-2009 02:31 PM

I'm in! I have one I am doing QAYG. I have 35-40 of the 54 blocks needed (I better double check that it's been a while). I have 13 quilted. I would love to give it as a Christmas gift.

I think the pattern is Cain and Abel from quilterscache.com

Lynette

redkimba 08-30-2009 02:55 PM

I'll join in - I still have that one quilt in the frame & not done yet. (It's the green one for anyone who's seen the picture)

justwannaquilt 08-30-2009 04:34 PM

I'll join ya, I have....

Quilt for my husbands Grandmother I started last year around the middle of October, pieced and half way quilted.
Quilt for my little sister top is done and quilting is started.
quilt for our couch top done, back needs pieced together and started.
Rag quilt for my daughter started but ran out of pink flannel.
Blue jean rag "outting" blanket DONE needs cut and asked.
Three scarecrow door hangers (one is in my Machine right now)
One snowman door hanger
Two tree skirts (they are the same for different people) one needs binding and its done the other isn't even started!

I have a Grandmother's Flower Garden that is in the works but I KNOW it won't get done by the first of the year, I just started it this week!

I have a birthday this week (the 3rd) that I still need to sew a few things for also!

good luck to us all!! Maybe if I finish a few quilts that will be their Christmas marked off my list! lol

Boston1954 08-30-2009 04:57 PM

That is a wonderful start. The only rules are that you pick one that you truly feel you can get finished by New Year's Eve. You can quilt right up til midnight December 31st.

Now if you feel you can complete more than one, you may do as many as you wish. As I had said previously, mine is a Christmas quilt. The top was done over a decade ago, I believe. Last year I got some backing and pinned it and then it was after Christmas, so I did not feel like working on it. Now that it is headed for Fall, I am wanting to get it done.

Pick anything you like. Last time a few people said that they had some that they planned to just get the top finished. Whatever your project, I just wanted to give us all some inspiration.

Have Fun. I will make a post in the picture section so that you can show us what you are going to work on. The title of the post is "For The UFO Challenge."

Shemjo 08-30-2009 05:03 PM

I surely NEED to join this! I am moving things around and finding all kinds of stuff that is in need of being finished! I will have to look at what I have to finish and pick ONE! That should be easy! :?

littlehud 08-30-2009 05:33 PM

I'm game. I have a cat top, a coffee top and am working on finishing a lots of dots top. My goal is to have them all spray basted and quilted. The rest will have to wait.

ScubaK 08-30-2009 05:35 PM

WOW!!!
I thought my list was long!!!! LOL!
I will have to give this some thought.
Kirsten