Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why do we have UFOs? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-do-we-have-ufos-t11979.html)

mary quite contrary 10-07-2008 04:42 AM

I have been thinking about this since the challenge has been offered to finish at least one UFO by the end of the year.

Why do we have things that we put aside and don't finish?

We don't like the colors we chose?
I'm not doing a good enough job?
It just isn't what I thought it would be?
Something better came along?
What was I thinking in the first place?

What about you? Maybe if we inspire each other by discussing our options and looking at projects with new eyes.

Bevanger 10-07-2008 08:46 AM

Too fun to plan/start a new project.....

Quilting Aggi 10-07-2008 09:11 AM

I find I create more and more UFOs every year!!!! They are like rabbits!!! LOL

Knot Sew 10-07-2008 09:22 AM

Its always fun to use some new fabric, and start a new project.....thats all it is for me :D

Barbm 10-07-2008 09:29 AM

boredom, it doesn't look the way I expected it.

Down to 2, will finish them if it kills me!

Jim's Gem 10-07-2008 10:23 AM

Several of my UFO's are because I don't know how I want to quilt them, I have much more fun putting the tops together than the actual quilting. Also health as been an issue. I wasn't able to sew for 4 months and had gotten several gifts most of the way done before my surgery. I also have about 6 sets of block of the month and another 5 sets of block exchanges that I just havn't figured out how I want to put them together... yet...

Deb G 10-07-2008 10:54 AM

I have 3 UFOs. #1 I started at a quilt retreat about 5 years ago and I just plain don't like it, will probably never finish it. #2 is sandwiched and I'm going to tie it, just never take it out and do it. #3 I don't know how I'm going to quilt it. That 1 started 3 years ago and I now have promised my neice that I will have it done for her by christmas for her gift.

Starting a new project with new fabric is always more fun though it's a feeling of accomplishment when I get one completed.

GailG 10-07-2008 11:02 AM

My UFOs are definitely NOT intentional. I begin a project and stick with it for a while. If for any reason the project must be put on hold, then I just don't get back to it. I put it away and when some new idea comes my way, I get right to it and then on and on and on.

spatulagirl 10-07-2008 11:22 AM

Mine are mostly tops. I get a bug in my rear end, find a pattern I HAVE to do, buy the fabric, and piece the top. And thanks to just now learning to machine quilt, they don't get done.

However, I'm finishing 4 UFOs by Christmas. They will be machine quilted (except for one - that one I'll finish quilting by hand), and they may not be perfect, but they will be done and they will have meaning :).

humbird 10-07-2008 11:32 AM

I have UFO's because it is sooooo much fun to start a new project!