Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Will you be sewing and quilting during New Years Day? What projects will you be working on? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/will-you-sewing-quilting-during-new-years-day-what-projects-will-you-working-t85779.html)

craftybear 12-28-2010 01:19 PM

Will you be sewing and quilting during New Years Day? If so what will you be working on?

I will be making some more of the Grandmother Flower Garden blocks by hand while hubby is watching football.

Jim's Gem 12-28-2010 01:21 PM

Maybe. I don't know yet. It might just be DH and our son here. If they get on the computer in a game together I may do some sewing.
Don't know what I will be working on yet. I have so many projects, I will just pick one that sounds good at that time.

laureneberhard 12-28-2010 01:21 PM

Yes, I will be quilting. My bee gets together for the day! and a retreat coming up Jan 7-9, so need to get things ready to go. Happy New Year.

Quilter7x 12-28-2010 01:22 PM

Oh absolutely I will be sewing on New Year's Day. Honestly I had not thought of what I might be sewing, but after working all week and getting a good night's rest Friday night, I definitely want to get back to non-Christmas sewing! Of course, I will have to rearrange some things in my sewing room first, so maybe I should focus on that first, then dig into sewing. I sure would love to rearrange my entire sewing room, just don't know how that would be possible since it's really tight in there.

Originally Posted by laureneberhard
Yes, I will be quilting. My bee gets together for the day! and a retreat coming up Jan 7-9, so need to get things ready to go. Happy New Year.

Oooooh, a retreat - wish I was going with you! :thumbup:

redkimba 12-28-2010 01:22 PM

Not sure what I will be doing. Right now I'm cleaning out the house; I have a ton of stuff that needs to go to Good Will. I will tackle the craft room eventually.

I just plan on catching up & finishing projects that I started this year (2010)

sewwhat85 12-28-2010 01:26 PM

no my sewing room is not unpacked yet

MadQuilter 12-28-2010 01:26 PM

I told Pat yesterday that the X-mas holiday seemed to be mostly about him. I seemed to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. The following weekend will be mostly about me. Planning to spend a lot of time in the sewing room. I have a pile of projects ready to finish. All assorted stages of "doneness"

Cyn 12-28-2010 01:27 PM

This is what I do also. My hubby likes for me to watch with him and I can multi task so we are both very happy. I make pu pu's for us. Get a project that doesn't reguire much effort or thought and it's a lovely day for us!

Jill 12-28-2010 01:28 PM

Yes, I'll definitely be sewing. I started a new scrappy quilt this week. It's called "Cracker", and is in the Leisure Arts book titled Quick and Easy Scrap Quilts.

erstan947 12-28-2010 01:39 PM

I have a baby quilt to finish before Jan 6th. This weekend I'll be in high gear:)