Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wonder Under (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wonder-under-t161080.html)

MommaDorian 10-17-2011 08:21 AM

I'm learning the hard way that ironing Wonder Under on the wrong side can do damage to your iron. ::sigh::

katier825 10-17-2011 08:24 AM

Bummer! Try a magic eraser to remove it.

Scissor Queen 10-17-2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
I'm learning the hard way that ironing Wonder Under on the wrong side can do damage to your iron. ::sigh::

Yup. It also sticks to your ironing board cover really well. Thankfully, "hot iron cleaner" takes it right off, the iron at least. For the ironing board cover you just have to buy a new one. They make nifty applique ironing sheets for that problem.

CarrieC 10-17-2011 08:24 AM

UGH I learned that same lesson. If I may suggest, you may want to get a presser sheet for this reason. My presser sheet is made out of pliable plastic. I put it on top of my applique/wonder under stuff and then iron on top of the presser sheet.

Not much help after the accident but maybe for future?

I also can offer two other suggestions for cleaning the iron:

CarrieC 10-17-2011 08:26 AM

Sorry hit enter too fast... 2 suggests are:

1 - iron cleaner - I buy mine at JoAnns it comes in a white and blue "toothpaste" tube. You heat up the iron, dab this on a terrycloth towel and then iron the towel.

2 - a dryer sheet - one of my friends used this she just ironed the hot iron on it. She laid it on the "edge" of the ironing board and rubbed HARD.

Hope this helps.

MTS 10-17-2011 08:28 AM

hehehehehe.

I was putting the binding on a quilt last night, S. Schamber's method, with Elmer's glue in a Roxanne's glue container.
Left the glue bottle a little too close to the iron.
Went to pick it up, and as the iron had melted half the bottle, the glue went ALL.OVER.THE.PLACE.

So I share your pain. :roll:

Lori S 10-17-2011 08:28 AM

Oh ....I feel your pain!!! For as many years as I have been using fusables .. I still once in while make that painful mistake.

erstan947 10-17-2011 08:32 AM

:thumbdown:

Tinabodina 10-17-2011 08:34 AM

I should own stock in "Hot Iron Cleaner" LOL

Tinabodina 10-17-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by MTS

hehehehehe.

I was putting the binding on a quilt last night, S. Schamber's method, with Elmer's glue in a Roxanne's glue container.
Left the glue bottle a little too close to the iron.
Went to pick it up, and as the iron had melted half the bottle, the glue went ALL.OVER.THE.PLACE.

So I share your pain. :roll:

What a mess!

:thumbdown: