Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wonderful People on this Board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wonderful-people-board-t208332.html)

CarolinePaj 12-13-2012 01:07 AM

Wonderful People on this Board

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to say that I love the people on this board, they are without doubt some of the kindest, most generous and thoughtful people I have every had the good fortune to know.

But I have to tell you.... Due to one board member... Who shall not remain nameless (Sue - aka Quiltymom) I have the poshest toilet paper in the whole world...... She has monogrammed it with machine embroidery... Along with a lovely hand towel and sent it to me as a RAK. What a lovely surprise this morning when postie arrived!

Sue, thank you.... and to everybody else on the board.... Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your lives!

hugs

Caroline

wuv2quilt 12-13-2012 02:41 AM

Congrats on your RAK....doesn't that just make your day:thumbup:

The people on the QB are the GREATEST!!!

Beckie

pumpkinpatchquilter 12-13-2012 04:37 AM

Awww that was so nice - and yes there certainly are a lot of very kind and generous people on this board! :)

erstan947 12-13-2012 06:03 AM

The "Just Because" gifts are the sweetest gifts of all. Unexpected kindness has a way of lifting ones spirit, to the receiver and the giver:)

annthreecats 12-13-2012 06:17 AM

Caroline, you must have done something really special. Enjoy your fancy toilet paper. I agree, the board is fun and the folks are so giving and helpful.

Happy Holidays!

Jingle 12-13-2012 07:42 AM

Caroline, you are so right. Very nice things were sent to you. There are lots of great people and this board and most are very generous with their knowledge. I have learned alot from them and I have been making quilts for a long time.

DogHouseMom 12-13-2012 10:45 AM

Caroline is being very humble .. SHE has also been the benefactor of RAK's.

On a whole I agree with you Caroline - the people here on QB are wonderful. Just don't forget to count YOURSELF amongst them.

quilttiger 12-13-2012 04:23 PM

Quilters make the most wonderful and kind friends!

Pat625 12-13-2012 04:36 PM

Being pretty much housebound due to disability, I feel like I have the best guild in the world Right Here!! I check the boards several times a day...Believe it or not it helps me not feel so alone. I am hoping that I can find a close guild once I move in a few weeeks...But I can't make it everytime they meet, depending on health, but I would love to be there whenever I can

Atomicdog 12-13-2012 04:55 PM

I was just thinking the same thing - I was reading the thread on the poor lady who is trying to make her MIL a quilt for Christmas and found the seam opening - is beside herself. The care and concern and encouragement of so many of you is absolutely wonderful to see! Yep - great folks here!!