Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would like input on a Singer Futura 350 Embroidery Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-like-input-singer-futura-350-embroidery-machine-t124894.html)

Diamondrose 05-22-2011 08:08 AM

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me input (pro or con) on a Singer Futura 350 Embroidery Machine. Also wondering about the price range for a used one with everything that originally came with the machine.

Candace 05-22-2011 08:51 AM

Check ebay for prices on the machine. Also, do a search here using the search feature above as I'd think there'd be a few threads on it?

lllog 05-22-2011 08:56 AM

Not to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't let a singer emb mach in the same room as any other emb mach. I sold them and had to train people on their use, thay are just a piece of junk in my opinion.

Lanny

thepolyparrot 05-22-2011 09:06 AM

If I had it to do over again, I would not have bought the Singer Futura embroidery machine that I did. (SES1000, sold through HSN and very similar to the 350) It's spent more time in the shop than it's spent embroidering. :( I guess I've done three or four dozen designs with it, and the bobbin case keeps jumping out of its track and getting broken. Plus, it has a mind of its own about where the center of the hoop is, where it left off stitching in the last step and where it needs to go next and it was so annoying about refusing to stitch for threading errors that didn't exist that it just wasn't any fun at all.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy any modern Singer, (or Viking or Pfaff, for that matter) although I do love my vintage and antique machines.

Instead, I would buy the Brother embroidery-only machine that walmart.com has for about $650. It's much less troublesome, and from my experience with other Brothers that I've owned, I know they make a good product.

Diamondrose 05-22-2011 12:57 PM

Thank you,

Thanks for the information. No rain on my parade - I couldn't imagine someone selling a machine they liked only because they were moving which is why I wanted others input on that particular machine.

I prefer the older machines myself, my favorite is a little treadle from the late 1800's.

susanwilley 05-22-2011 03:43 PM

I have the Singer Futura 150 embroidering machine and I just love it! It sews, embroiders and quilts great! I've been using it for just about two years and would not trade it for anything!! Except maybe a Sweet Sixteen long arm. LOL Nope not even that, I want both!

the casual quilter 05-22-2011 04:35 PM

A friend of mine bought one two years ago and has nothing but problems with it. And she had to send it out of state to get it serviced because of the warranty.

TShooters 05-22-2011 05:01 PM

I've had very good luck with my Future CE350. The only problem I've had was the bobbin tension going wonky after my last (basic) software upgrade. Bought it new about 3 yrs ago, and bought extra software for the fonts.

Good luck w/your search for an emb machine.

donnacollierbess 05-23-2011 05:22 AM

I don't know anything about the machine you are asking about but I can tell you I just got a janome embroidery machine and I LOVE it. Easy to use, easy to download additional patterns, seriously, I love it. Might consider looking at the janome machines. Just a thought.