Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would you like to make a . . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-like-make-t373.html)

Knot Sew 01-06-2007 05:12 AM

me to ..................thanks so much

Sewsweet 01-06-2007 06:24 AM

Why not just post it and if someone wants it, there it is? :?:

Betsy 01-06-2007 06:34 AM

oh that sounds so wonderful. Hopefully it is easy enough I can make it without a picture. I have just started quilting and would love to be able to carry my stuff with me while waiting for the kids at stuff.
Betsy

Suz 01-06-2007 09:27 AM

Okay, here goes!!
Supply List:

For the outside: Select two coordinated fabrics and make a 8" x 11" quilted rectangle. You can use an odd patch, strip piece, paperpiece, applique or whatever. Quilt and bind. Note the backing will be the inside of the pouch, so make it pretty also.

For the pincushions: Cut two 6-3/4" circles of coordinated fabric. Cut two 2-1/2" circles of plastic (use an old lid or template plastic). The plastic circles should be sturdy. And two wads of batting scraps for stuffing.

For the needle holder: 3" x 3" square of wool or felt.

Tie: 27" piece of grosgrain ribbon (or two pieces, if you like).

Sewing Supplies: Quilting thread to match rectangle and pincushions. Sewing thread to match ribbon. Heavy and regular sewing needles. Pins. Two pair of scissors to cut fabrics and plastic.

Directions for pincushions: Using quilting thread, turn under the outside edge 1/4" as you would a yo-yo and stitch, keeping a 10" long tail of thread. Stuff with a wad of batting. Cup your hand and fill with batting for the approximate amount. Insert a plastic circle and draw it shut. Check your pincushion shape and density. Stitch closed. Make two.

Directions for needle holder: Round the four corners. Fold almost in half. The top half should be shorter than the bottom half. Press.

Assembly: Pin the quilted rectangle every 1/2" around the perimeter of the pincushion leaving an opening of 1". The pincushion will be on the outside of the pouch. Slipstitch securely together using quilting thread. Attach the second pincushion.

Attach the needle holder 3" below the top edge of the flap stitching along the fold line on the inside of the pouch. Make sure the shorter one is on top.

Attach the ribbon tie (or ties) 4" from the top edge to the outside of the pouch. Often I have thought that two ties would work better for me. Next time!!

Hope this is clear and I am anxious to hear how you make out. Obviously, I am open to questions. Suzanne

mimisharon 01-08-2007 04:35 AM

[size=18][/size
Thanks, Suz, I can't wait to try this one. I'm down with severe sinus infection so will maybe just cut out the design today. Bending over is a hazard. lol

Minda 01-08-2007 06:54 PM

Thanks Suz - can't wait to try it.

joy 01-08-2007 11:33 PM

Thank you for the instructions... I will be cutting out the pieces tomorrow.... Joy....

Leslee 01-09-2007 07:32 AM

What a great way to use those little orphan blocks I got lying around! Thanks, Suz!

grandma 01-10-2007 05:38 PM

Thank you for the idea and the directions. Sounds great but I am so new to quilting I'm not quite sure of a couple of things. Could you send a picture? The pictures on the new link are so great and a picture is worth a thousand words. Thank you.

Suz 01-10-2007 07:28 PM

Sorry, I'm not that computer savvy. It looks like a roll and is closed by ties. The pincushions are on either end, the needle holder is inside.
Perhaps one of the other ladies will post theirs once completed. Again, I'm sorry. Suzanne